Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Best CGI Animation

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CGI Animation

Which movie do you think has the best animation? This is NOT who has the most realistic animation NOR is this which film you liked the best. Even if it wasn't your favorite movie, which of these had your favorite style of animation, whether it be because of its tooniness or it's realism or whatever it be?

Shrek series (pic)
    Madagascar (pic)
    Ice Age (pic)
    Robots (pic)
    Toy Story series (pic)
    Finding Nemo (pic)
    Monsters Inc (pic)
    Incredibles (pic)
    Chicken Little (pic)
    Other CGI Film

Personally, although not my favorite movie in this list, I'd pick Chicken Little. I love the tooniness it is animated with.

-Michael
    Shrek series
    2.38%
    Madagascar
    0.00%
    Ice Age
    2.38%
    Robots
    0.00%
    Toy Story series
    2.38%
    Finding Nemo
    33.33%
    Monsters Inc
    11.90%
    Incredibles
    35.71%
    Chicken Little
    2.38%
    Other CGI Film
    9.52%
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Re: Best CGI Animation

Incredibles. Love the style of the movie.

Simply an incredible movie...
    -Tim

Comment

I second that notion I love the artisitc style of The incredibles

Comment

Incredibles.

Are you listed in the CL credits, AM? Just wondering.

Comment

I saw Madagascar and did not like the animation for many reasons. But when I watched Ice Age....I was so fascinated with the fluent body movements, water ripples, hale/water storms, fur movements, etc.

Comment

I voted for Monsters Inc because of the fur movement on Sulley -- amazing!

I do love Incredibles, though. The twins were just watching it this morning.

Comment

I say Nemo. The lighting in that film (considering underwater) was amazing. And as we all know, lighting is what makes a film. :cwink:
              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
              Marge: Pink.
              Homer: D'oh!
              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

While I like the art styles of most of the CG movies listed, one movie, IMO, stands out among them.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

It has SUCH incredible detail in EVERYTHING: its characters, its environments, its special effects.

It's a bit mindless, but it has some very awesome action scenes.

Comment

Monster's Inc was for me, amazing with the flow of Sulley's hair. The sled scene when he was flying down the mountain, It just seemed to show some amazing changes and motions. Very detailed.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Here are three movies I didn't mention...
                    Final Fantasy (pic)
                    Polar Express (pic)
                    Jimmy Neutron (pic)
                    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I tried to find more info on it, but does Shark Tale fall into this?
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Yep, Sharktale (pic) counts too.

Comment

This is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Not my favorite movie by a long shot but I have to give it credit for its amazing animation.

Otherwise my vote goes to Finding Nemo and Toy Story 2.
                          Infinity and Beyond:
                          The technology of today is changing the media of tomorrow.
                          http://www.infinityandbeyond.tabert.com/

Comment

Finding Nemo was beautifully done, underwater effects,
                            all the special shading, which they do cover on one of the
                            discs. The colors are spectacular.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Other: A Bugs Life

Seriously, they made me feel like a Bug and did it so real.

Doesn't hurt that it's my favorite Pixar movie still.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X