Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Did Eisner Try To Shoot Down Iger's Pixar Deal?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Eisner Try To Shoot Down Iger's Pixar Deal?

Can't stay away, can he?

Did Eisner Try To Shoot Down Iger's Pixar Deal?
    Michael Eisner lobbied members of the board of the Walt Disney Co. as part of an effort to scuttle CEO Robert Iger's $7.4-billion acquisition of Pixar Animation, the New York Post reported today (Tuesday), without citing sources. The newspaper's report did not indicate which board members had been contacted by Eisner, or even how many. It said that he attempted to make the case that the deal was too expensive. In reporting on Eisner's alleged activities, the Post commented that "his open lobbying against [the deal] so soon after passing the reins to Iger is a remarkable breach of corporate decorum and served to undermine his own handpicked successor." A spokesman for Eisner was quoted as saying, "Mr. Iger has Mr. Eisner's complete support in sustaining the growth of Disney."
    -Tim

Re: Did Eisner Try To Shoot Down Iger's Pixar Deal?

This from the man who spent how many billions on FoxFamily???

I was always one to try and give Eisner the benefit of the doubt ... but not for this. If it's true.

Comment

Did Satan Try To Shoot Down Iger's Pixar Deal?

Better title, IMHO.

Comment

They have no sources of it's accuracy just yet. So who knows.

Comment

"Mr. Iger has Mr. Eisner's complete support"

If that means what it usualy means, you better Start Packing Your Bags Bob...

Comment

If it's true, Think of it as Eisner testing the waters to see how much support he still has on the board. This doesn't surprise me at all after all he still owns a big chunk of stock and he has as much right as anyone else to voice his opinion on the subject. That being said, I am sure he wasn't happy that Iger managed to patch up things with Jobs and am also sure the green monster is showing it's ugly head in the sense that his successor is currently enjoying a well earned success. and what's he got? a talk show that noone will watch. Let's just hope he has learned his lesson and keeps his nose out of business for the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane

Ahhhh, but note, that's not exactly what they said.

The game of corporate semantics...

Comment

Here's my take on things. Eisner's ego (if the story is true) is what's talking here. Eisner owns 1.7 percent of Disney stock and Roy has a little less than a percent which made Eisner the largest stock-holder. Now since the Pixar deal went thru Steve Jobs not only will be getting a seat on the board but will also own 6 percent stock making him the largest share-holder. I think if Mikey really cared about the company and it's future and not just about the money and short term than he would be fine with this. If this article is really true it just furthers my disdain for Mr. Eisner and goes to show you what a greedy, short-sited, has-been this guy is. Let Mr. Iger do his job and SHUT UP MIKEY! Your day is done. Go home and retire or do whatever it is that you do.

PS- I also sense (if the article is true) a little jealousy from Mr. Eisner. Look at what Bob has been able to do in his first year.

Comment

Originally posted by wem1985
                  Here's my take on things. Eisner's ego (if the story is true) is what's talking here. Eisner owns 1.7 percent of Disney stock and Roy has a little less than a percent which made Eisner the largest stock-holder. Now since the Pixar deal went thru Steve Jobs not only will be getting a seat on the board but will also own 6 percent stock making him the largest share-holder. I think if Mikey really cared about the company and it's future and not just about the money and short term than he would be fine with this. If this article is really true it just furthers my disdain for Mr. Eisner and goes to show you what a greedy, short-sited, has-been this guy is. Let Mr. Iger do his job and SHUT UP MIKEY! Your day is done. Go home and retire or do whatever it is that you do.

PS- I also sense (if the article is true) a little jealousy from Mr. Eisner. Look at what Bob has been able to do in his first year.
                  And is able to do it, to some extent, simply because he's someone OTHER than Eisner.

I mean, I don't think it's been much of a secret that Eisner had managed to so completely tick off Jobs and Lasseter that they wouldn't even talk to the guy. Ditto on some other media projects. So, at least partly, just the fact that Iger is NOT Eisner has helped him along.

And that does two things:
                  1) Sticks in ME's craw
                  2) Proves that it WAS time for ME to exit, stage right.
                  Last edited by Collitinius; 02-15-2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Don't forget point number 3

3) Save Disney worked, and Roy won the battle over ME, and you can see that in multiple actions the board has taken lately....
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane

I know... Didn't Mr. Eisner say the same thing about a certain Mr. Ovits...

We all know how THAT ended...

Of course Eisner is like Bela Legosi in Plan 9 from Outer Space... "Pull The STRINGS! Pull the Strings! Pull the Strings!"
                      Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Collitinius
                        And is able to do it, to some extent, simply because he's someone OTHER than Eisner.

I mean, I don't think it's been much of a secret that Eisner had managed to so completely tick off Jobs and Lasseter that they wouldn't even talk to the guy. Ditto on some other media projects. So, at least partly, just the fact that Iger is NOT Eisner has helped him along.

And that does two things:
                        1) Sticks in ME's craw
                        2) Proves that it WAS time for ME to exit, stage right.
                        Exactly!!!!
                        You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer

3) Save Disney worked, and Roy won the battle over ME, and you can see that in multiple actions the board has taken lately....
                          Couldn't agree with you more Mr. Darkbeer!

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                            I know... Didn't Mr. Eisner say the same thing about a certain Mr. Ovits...

We all know how THAT ended...
                            The difference is that Eisner had power to do things back then. Now, he's just a shareholder that no one will listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer

Absolutely.

Which is pretty funny considering the way their efforts "ended". It looked like the movement had just pretty much wasted away (never mind, wasted the opportunity).

I think that Roy and Stanley are doing happy dances every night before bed. I would be were I them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X