Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bound to be a thread about it (The O.C.)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bound to be a thread about it (The O.C.)

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found there to be no "OC" threads. There are bound to be some Disney folks out there that are fans of the "OC".
    I would be lying if I didn't say that Seth Cohen was why I sat infront of the TV every Thursday. So what's everyones favorite character, episode and what keeps you watching "The OC".
    sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Ugh, I've never been more embarassed to live in OC than I am right now. I imagine I'd have felt the same if I had lived in the 90210 zip code a while back...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

I really don't associate the real Orange County to the show. To me it's about the characters and story lines.
      sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
      A Photographed Life

Comment

The OC is the most brillantly misunderstood show. On one hand non-viewers do not get that its basically a half hour sitcom streched over an hour show about rich kids in the OC, not to be taken seriously.

On the other hand a lot of viewers take it far too seriously and don't get the subtle humor.

I am so in favor of these kids making a trip to Disneyland, what kid growing up in the OC doesn't go like once a year for one reason or another!

I also want to start a petition for the kids to end up at Chapman University where most of the rich white kids from the OC I knew ended up!

Comment

LOL- yes , they should go to DL- and yes, I LOVE THIS SHOW!
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

This is one of the shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. The show is as brainless as 90210, but it is still a good way to waste some time.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
              This is one of the shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. The show is as brainless as 90210, but it is still a good way to waste some time.
              I knew I liked you for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am proud of the fact that I never saw a single episode of 90210- I did watch the OC but lost interest. Not even the new girl/boy/girl thing interests me- and you know it's supposed to lure us in.

Comment

I am Seth Cohen to the T, except on top of my comic book fetish I like Disney and I bet he does to. Seth Cohen-s of the world grow up to be Chandler Bings. I am in the middle of the two of them.

Comment

I love this show - it really has some good (and under rated) writing, imho. We're slightly behind here in NZ - we're up to about episode 5 or 6 of the 2nd season.

Comment

The show would be no where without Seth, it would all be too dramatic for me. Seth to me is the perfect guy, what can I say I have a thing for geeks.
                      sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                      A Photographed Life

Comment

The OC is the reason it was hard to convince my friends that I was sane for wanting to go to UC Irvine (I'm from Berkeley originally). Otherwise I have nothing against it.

Comment

Well, read what you will from this.....

When I travel I don't tell people where I live anymore. I am so sick of hearing "Wow....you live in the O.C.?"

No, I live in a REAL place called Orange County where the people are human, flesh and blood, with flaws like imperfect skin and not-so-perfect-hair. And not everyone has a Trump-sized bank account. Yeeegh!
                          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I'm with you, O2K... Really, I've never heard it referred to as "the OC" prior to this show. No one I know is that pretentious... And my hair is often messed up...
                            Honor those who fall under the sword.
                            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGal
                              I couldn't believe my eyes when I found there to be no "OC" threads. There are bound to be some Disney folks out there that are fans of the "OC".

I'm waiting for them to do Anaheim Hills,Cerritos, or Desparate Mouselives.
                              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

An unbelievable amount of people on my campus watch it. That's what you do on a Thursday night.
                                sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                                A Photographed Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
                                  Well, read what you will from this.....

When I travel I don't tell people where I live anymore. I am so sick of hearing "Wow....you live in the O.C.?"

No, I live in a REAL place called Orange County where the people are human, flesh and blood, with flaws like imperfect skin and not-so-perfect-hair. And not everyone has a Trump-sized bank account. Yeeegh!
                                  I agree!! North Orange County=the Real Orange County. It sucks that the entire county gets stereotyped into the few people who are rich enough to live in Newport. But I still love the show anyways, it's all about the drama...
                                  Do you remember your imagination?
                                  When Neverland was your destination.
                                  Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
                                  Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

Comment

Its Supposed To Be Sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The show is very tongue and cheek about growing up rich in the OC. The Ryan character is loosly based on Mark McGraf of Sugerray and Seth is a combination of the executive producer McG and the creator Josh Scwartz. Both of them grew up in Newport area, but Mark transplanted from someplace like Corona like Ryan did.

This show is hysterical and not to be taken literal at all. Come on the highlight of the season this year, was Seth Cohen climbing his parent's roof to fix the dish, wearing a rubber Spiderman mask, and falling, getting caught upside down and reenacting the upside down kiss from the first Spiderman movie- if thats not sarcastic, I don't know what is!

Comment

You know what's crazy about this show, it's not real. It is merely for entertainment, not to be taken seriously. It gives you something to do for a hour once a week.
                                      sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                                      A Photographed Life

Comment

Ugh, if I didn't have to get enough of teenage dramas, the OC comes along. I despise this show. Especially the lipstick lesbians. Not like I see anything wrong about spreading the tolerance of homosexuality, but I know a ratings scheme when I see one. Might as well make the lead male characters gay, gah.

And there's like... barely any other racial minorities on that show.
                                        I lurk.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X