This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood/Oscars Prep Question

Does anyone know how early they start blocking off Hollywood Boulevard in preparation for the Oscars?

I've been long promising to take my mother to see Graumann's, ride the Red Line to Hollywood/Highland, etc. This is one of the few weekends she has off, and I was hoping to take her on Saturday. But will Hollywood Blvd be blocked off already?

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Hollywood/Oscars Prep Question

I think its all closed off already if I'm not mistaken. And will be closed off until Monday from what I remember. Might be a big ole mess down there to try and walk around.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
      I think its all closed off already if I'm not mistaken. And will be closed off until Monday from what I remember. Might be a big ole mess down there to try and walk around.
      Damn. Oh well, there goes that idea. I suppose I could still take her to CityWalk. She's been dying to go to the Hard Rock Cafe and see Melissa Etheridge's outfit there. Silly lesbians.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Closures are, indeed, already in effect - and from what I know of working in Hollywood at this time of year, all major surface streets in that area are adversely affected.

Part of the price we pay for being the "film capitol of the world" or whatever.
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Hope they didn't bring out the red carpet yet, if they did it will get soaked.

Comment

^it's been out for a day & a half, should be pretty dried out by Sunday.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X