• Show
Clear All

• Start screaming Y'all!!! "Dallas - The Movie"

Posted: Mon., Mar. 13, 2006, 10:00pm PT

Variety.com
    By Chris Gardner, Nicole Laporte

J.Lo, Wilson doing Dallas
    '80s series oils cast wheels for big screen

The Regency Enterprises/20th Century Fox redo of "Dallas" is heating up. Helmer Robert Luketic is rounding up his cast for the updated take on the classic '80s series: He's offered his "Monster-in-Law" star Jennifer Lopez the part of Sue Ellen Ewing, Luke Wilson is negotiating to play Bobby Ewing, John Travolta has an offer to star as J.R. Ewing and Shirley MacLaine is down for the part of Miss Ellie Ewing
    http://www.variety.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Start screaming Y'all!!! "Dallas - The Movie"

Eh... its just not the same without the original cast..... remakes are never (well almost never) as good in my humble opinion.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Totally unneccesary. I expect it to be crap. Of course not as odd as the other TV show turned movie I read about earlier (if there isn't already a thread, I'll start one).

Comment

I want to know what kind of crack the casting directors were smoking when they filled these rolls.

Comment

Director Quits 'Dallas' Movie
          Director Robert Luketic has abruptly quit the big screen remake of the hit 1980s TV show Dallas, because he was unhappy with some of the casting choices. The Legally Blonde film-maker was set to start shooting in October And key cast members are still being finalized. Among those actors already on board to play members of the Ewing clan are John Travolta as JR, Jennifer Lopez as Sue Ellen, Luke Wilson as Bobby, and Shirley MacLaine as Miss Ellie. A source tells US magazine People that the director was unhappy with some of the studio's choices for the roles and decided to walk away from the film. No details were given regarding which stars the director objected to. Doctor Dolittle director Betty Thomas is being considered as a possible replacement for Luketic.
          http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-03-31/#3
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

According to the scuttle that I read, it obviously isn't Travolta (who he personally approved) or J. Lo (who he worked with on Monster In Law). Supposedly he wanted his other Monster In Law star Jane Fonda for the Shirley MacLaine role and wasn't too excited about Wilson either. Personally, I don't see how Latina Lopez fits into the clan myself, but since the whole ordeal is looking more and more like a trainwreck each day I'll just sit back and be entertained by the carnage.

Comment

I knew someday that Dallas would be made into a movie. Though I completely disagree with the casting. I wish they would have either not made this show into a Movie or just taken more time into selecting the cast.

I just hope they never make a Magnum PI Movie.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster
                I want to know what kind of crack the casting directors were smoking when they filled these rolls.
                No joke!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

geesh! did someone shut their eyes & dip their hand into the scrabble bag of actors & just pick whoever came out? this is looking to be the most screwball movie ever!

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                    I just hope they never make a Magnum PI Movie.
                    Well prepare yourself to look like that. They've been trying to get a Magnum PI movie off the ground for a while now. It's gone back and forth as to wether it would be a new cast or the return of Tom Selleck. At the moment, the last two names who I heard as the leading contenders to drive the Ferrarri were George Clooney and Vince Vaughn.

Comment

Supposedly Gurinda Chada (sp?), director of Bend It Like Beckham and Bride and Prejudice is in talks to take over directorial duties on Dallas. Yeah, that makes just about as much sense as the casting .

Comment

Originally posted by pixywingz
                        geesh! did someone shut their eyes & dip their hand into the scrabble bag of actors & just pick whoever came out? this is looking to be the most screwball movie ever!

That's it! It's going to be a screwball comedy!!!
                        Amanda
                        Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb
                          Well prepare yourself to look like that. They've been trying to get a Magnum PI movie off the ground for a while now. It's gone back and forth as to wether it would be a new cast or the return of Tom Selleck. At the moment, the last two names who I heard as the leading contenders to drive the Ferrarri were George Clooney and Vince Vaughn.
                          I highly doubt Clooney will even bother with this. I think he learned his lesson from Batman & Robin and what disasters these things can be. Besides he's been doing so good, nomintated and winning Academy Awards. This would be like taking a couple of steps backwards.
                          http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                          www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                          http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I can't wait to miss it!
                            Tref ...

Comment

Sure to be another crappy remake. Aren't there any original ideas left out in Hollywood any more? What's next I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, A-Team the movie Oh I know Cheers The Movie or how about The Partridge Family (oh wait the did that horrible new Partridge Family show last summer). For the love of god someone out in movieland give me something original and well written please.
                              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X