• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lost Boy
    Still lost in Neverland
    • Jan 2005

Dragons: From Fantasy to Reality

Did anyone else see this great new special on Animal Planet? The CGI for the Dragons was done by the same studio that did "Walking With Dinosaurs" and the technology has improved so much. Patick Stewart narrates this "Faux" documentary on the theory that Dragons were real and plays out the scenario of finding a preserved dragon body in a remote mountain ice cavern. The show covers all types of dragons including Prehistoric, Chinese and Mountain Dragons. They have very beleiveable explanations on how Dragons were able to fly and breath fire. The show is 2 hours long, with the last 20 minutes or so being a featurette on how they did the special effects. It is a very well done show, and kind of makes you want to beleive in Dragons.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples
  • ah schucks
    �o� Tom �o�
    • Mar 2005

This was indeed an intriguing special and I watched a majority of it.

Comment

• Demigod
      Gumball Rally Volunteer!
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Jan 2005

I also watched most of it and I really liked it!

I actually collect dragon figurines, and love dragons altogether, so I was kinda skeptical of it.

A LOT of work went into the show, and it's very obvious as it's very good!
      sigpic

Comment

• ah schucks
        �o� Tom �o�
        • Mar 2005

The air bladder concept was strange, it required a lot of suspended disbelief to think two lung size organs could possible help displace that much weight.

Otherwise it was very good and Stewart lends an air of authority.

Glad he plays the mirror in Snow White.

Comment

• Lost Boy
          Still lost in Neverland
          • Jan 2005

Don't forget that those two extra "lungs" or air bags where filled with Hellium Gas, not air, and Hellium is what made the great dirigibles of the past fly. And the fact that they worked out the combination of flying and breathing fire using the same extra set of bladers more believeable. I have a love of Dragons also. Have you seen the new McFarlane action figure set of Dragon Clans? Five regular sized figures, one for each clan and a 6th deluxe boxed set of a Berserker Dragon attacking a knight on horseback, breathing fire at him. That one is awesome! The whole set is the best thing McFalane has done yet. And the metal supports tabs hold the dragons atop the various bases and set peices just perfect. No more falling figures. Check them out. I had pictures somewhere, but if you go to www.spawn.com and click on the figure set for Dragon Clan figures you will get wonderful photos of the figures plus the story that has been created for these figures.
          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X