X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busch Gardens parks get new names - Amusement Business, 4/11/06

http://www.amusementbusiness.com/amu..._id=1002315217

Busch Entertainment Corp., owner of eight U.S. theme parks and attractions, has renamed two destinations. Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia is now Busch Gardens Europe, and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay in Florida has become Busch Gardens Africa.

The changes come with a TV advertising campaign in full swing. The campaign, designed to make it apparent what's unique about each of the attractions, began March 27 with a 30-second spots on cable networks.

Although the marketing campaign has begun, each of the Busch Gardens parks still identify themselves on their respective Web sites under their original monikers. That will change within weeks, according to management at Busch Entertainment.

Before Busch Gardens Williamsburg, the park had been known as Busch Gardens, The Old Country.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Busch Gardens parks get new names - Amusement Business, 4/11/06

Not a bad idea... I kind of like that concept.
    Currently Reading:

Entertainment/Media theorist Neal Gabler's "WALT DISNEY: The Triumph of the American Imagination"

sigpic

Comment

How about a Busch Gardens Asia, or Busch Gardens the Americas, out here on the west coast?!

Comment

Hmm...I really don't see the need for it, but then again it does make sense.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is my favorite non-Disney park. It's got a good mix of rides, shows, shops, and food packed into one park. For many years, we were Passport holders. I've never been to Busch Gardens Tampa.
        Amanda
        Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X