X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickhyperion
    • Jan 2005

Beatles Song Inspired by Snow White Lyrics

Not exactly breaking news here, but still interesting info! I came across this while researching another song for discussion on another board.

Found in a book of Playboy interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono conducted in 1980, Lennon spoke about the song "Do You Want to Know a Secret?" from The Beatles first album, Please Please Me:

singing] "Want to know a secret? Promise not to tell. You are standing by a wishing well."

So, I had this sort of thing in my head and I wrote it and just gave it to George to sing.'

(. Interviews by David Sheff. Edited by G. Barry Golson. Playboy Press/Berkley Books, 1981.)
    The funniest thing about this to me is that, being a Beatles fan but not having read this interview before, everytime I have watched Snow White I have always had that Beatles song come to mind when I've heard Snow White say those first two lines. I guess now I know why.
  • Anders
    back to basics
    • Apr 2005

Very interesting find, now I have a connection between my love of the Beatles and my love of Disney. I am surprised though that something like this wasn't mentioned during my "History of the Beatles" class in college. There are some great stories as to where lyrics from Beatles songs are actually from.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

• Aura of Foreboding
      MiceChatter
      • Apr 2005

Wow! I just came across that same information while looking for some lyrics. I too love the Beatles. One of my favorite songs of all time is "Yesterday..." See... everything I like is connected in some strange way, but it is. Disney to Horror via the Haunted Mansion... Beatles to Disney via Snow White. :lol:

Comment

• BigPigletFan
        I was deleted.
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AndersDMB
        Very interesting find, now I have a connection between my love of the Beatles and my love of Disney. I am surprised though that something like this wasn't mentioned during my "History of the Beatles" class in college. There are some great stories as to where lyrics from Beatles songs are actually from.
        I agree! That is cool. Thanks for sharing. Just another reason why we should all actually READ Playboy and not just look at it.

Comment

• PanTheMan
          NEVER to Old To Fly...

• May 2005

Well, I am a Rolling Stones fan......."Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name"... Ummm, Eisner?
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X