Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Futurama Disney reference...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama Disney reference...

I was watching Adult Swim the other night and the episode had te characters on a mission to the moon. the moon was a goofy theme park sort of modeled after Disneyland. The park was owned and run by the Monsanto Coporation.

Is that a reference to an old Disneyland attraction sponsor or something?
    Originally posted by aashee
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Re: Futurama Disney reference...

yep! Monsanto ran the House of the Future. It was an attraction in Tomorrowland in Disneyland.

Comment

That's what I thought. Thanks! That was a pretty cool episode regardless.
      Originally posted by aashee
      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

There's lots of Disney references in Futurama - look at my sig for another one...

(Family Guy has a lot too)
        sigpic

Comment

Matt Groening has a lot of Disney references in all his shows.
          Growing older is manditory
          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I do love Disneyland references in all those shows. I particularly like the Duff Gardens episode with the 7 Duffs ("Hey, Surly looks out for only one guy! Surly" "Sorry Surly") and the Small World parody (I'll have a Duff, you'll have one too. Duff Beer for me, Duff beer for you").

Comment

Monsanto also sponsored the Adventures through Inner Space ride.This website does a nice tribute to this ride also. I have the virtual video of the ride. It's pretty cool what this guy came up with. www.atommobiles.com
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Don't forget the "Sleeping Beautyland" story in the (very) old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons. The owner even looked like Walt.

I love a good irreverent Disney reference, especially when it's nice and sly.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

And don't forget the magic makers who make the park on the moon: the Fungineers with their degree in Fungineering.

We're whalers on the moon
                  we carry a harpoon

Comment

hey just like that thread earlier....It seems Disney took from futurama in designing Davy Jones...lol

Comment

Man, If Davy Jones shows up in a Labcoat, that'd be awesome.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X