• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Hong Kong Headache - TIME Magazine, 5/8/06

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazi...191881,00.html

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Disney's Hong Kong Headache - TIME Magazine, 5/8/06

I don't know why they won't fuel the money into building more large, signature Disney attractions asap. It doesn't make any sense that they spend it recaliming land for a second park when the first park is failing to live up to expectations. It's the same as every other cut-back type of Disney park. It fails to impress and causes more of hassle for everyone. I know that these rides take time to plan and build, but come on, they have to of had plans already drawn up for a second phase.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
      I don't know why they won't fuel the money into building more large, signature Disney attractions asap.
      They are. The reclaiming project takes years and they need to start working on that so they will have room to expand when they need it. Much of that is paid for by the Chinese government. In the mean time, they are working on some major additions to the Disneyland park. Some of which may include interesting adaptations on some old favorites (like Pirates and Small World).
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Small Pirates!?!

I don't like that Article, Like it's trying to bring Disney down or something. I really liked how they comapered the number of attractions in HKDL to DLRP, like they were built at the same time or something. And I didn't know DLP had 52 "classic Disney thrill rides."
        Last edited by Hector; 05-08-2006, 06:07 PM.
        "Tonight I wash my hands of you
        You set the bar I could not live up to
        Tonight the light is breaking through
        So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
        Zebrahead

Comment

The article is dead on. Disney thought they could get away with giving the laast amount of value they could. They got busted. the earler ideas that we on the boards we're modest but werent Disneyland's. they took the modest scope and built Disneyland Light. Now it needs more calories and a ton of sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Cabin
            The article is dead on.
            I agree. I've been to HKDL. Saw the entire park in about 3 hours.
            It is pretty, but utterly lacking in enough attractions to keep the hoards busy. However, this park was built with VERY good infrastructure and is in a good position to build itself out well. Let's hope they do so soon.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X