This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Escape

Has anyone seen "The Great Escape", I'm especially curious about people my age (just out of high school). It has been used in so many shows and movies and you hear the theme song everywhere. I recently saw the episode of the Simpsons in my drama class where they make a reference to the movie and I think there were very few that got that it was a parody off of the movie. It's a classic starring Steve McQueen and if you haven't seen it, I recommend it.
    sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Originally posted by DisneyGal
    Has anyone seen "The Great Escape", I'm especially curious about people my age (just out of high school). It has been used in so many shows and movies and you hear the theme song everywhere. I recently saw the episode of the Simpsons in my drama class where they make a reference to the movie and I think there were very few that got that it was a parody off of the movie. It's a classic starring Steve McQueen and if you haven't seen it, I recommend it.
    But did you know that ths is based on a true story?
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Comment

Yes, indeed, KoH. A fine cast and the film holds up very well. You have to see it in letterbox, or referably in a revival theater on the big screen.
      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
        But did you know that ths is based on a true story?
        It does say that it is at the beginning of the movie.
        sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
        A Photographed Life
        12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X