Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

    I heard about this story about Oprah Winfrey unexpectedly dropping by random wedding receptions to get footage for a future episode. I'm not a particular fan of hers, so maybe that makes a difference, but I don't think I'd be too happy if she'd done that to me. It wouldn't matter to me that she brought a nice present. Just because she's a celebrity and needs footage for a show doesn't mean that it's ok for her to just drop by the receptions of people, expecting that her celebrity would excuse what would normally be considered bad manners. And to some extent, I think it's unfair to the bride and groom to basically have their spotlights taken away.

    Maybe if it was someone I actually liked, I wouldn't mind them crashing my reception. Dunno.

  • #2
    Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

    Originally posted by cstephens
    I heard about this story about Oprah Winfrey unexpectedly dropping by random wedding receptions to get footage for a future episode. I'm not a particular fan of hers, so maybe that makes a difference, but I don't think I'd be too happy if she'd done that to me. It wouldn't matter to me that she brought a nice present. Just because she's a celebrity and needs footage for a show doesn't mean that it's ok for her to just drop by the receptions of people, expecting that her celebrity would excuse what would normally be considered bad manners. And to some extent, I think it's unfair to the bride and groom to basically have their spotlights taken away.

    Maybe if it was someone I actually liked, I wouldn't mind them crashing my reception. Dunno.
    I would have thrown her out. No one takes my thunder (JK)
    But seriously, I know someone who got married on some random reality tv thing, and you know she was putting her tv cameras in front of the couples family and photographers, getting in the way and stuff like that.
    I would not have let her.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

      Wow crazy
      :crazylegs

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

        that bugs me, for exactly that reason...It's the couples day, the Bride and groom get the spotlight, not oprah just waltzing in, and taking the attention...Sheesh....(and I like her)
        procrastibating

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

          It was probably all preplanned and not as random as one would think. Then again I did not see the show so what do I know.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Melonballer
            Then again I did not see the show so what do I know.
            According to the article, this was for a show to be aired in September.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

              Have to agree on this one. Stealing a couples big day because you are celeb. Oprah is not one of my favorites as well. Not everyone follows the great Oprah.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                Originally posted by Melonballer
                It was probably all preplanned and not as random as one would think.
                This is my guess as well.
                I don't think she would crash a wedding without consent. She does have some class.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sediment
                  This is my guess as well.
                  I don't think she would crash a wedding without consent. She does have some class.
                  Technically, she crashed the reception, not the ceremony.

                  As for class, her claim that it was racism because a store in Paris wouldn't let her shop after the store had already closed and how traumatic it was for her has some effect on how much class I think she now has.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                    if she paid for the reception then come on in ... otherwise she is an uninvited person, not even considered a guest to me. and I would have no problem asking her and her people to leave. weddings are supposed to be solemn occasions and receptions are supposed to be celbrations with families and friends. not something to be used to further someone's celebrity status or something to be gawked about and talked about on a talk show.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                      Maybe if it was someone I actually liked, I wouldn't mind them crashing my reception.
                      Ewan McGregor can crash my reception any day... but only if it's to sweep me away with him! Muwahahaha!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                        wow am I the only one who would not mind? Gee a big star coming to my reception, hummmmmmm yeah I would love it!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                          Wow ... I crash Wedding Receptions ALL the time ... never get this kind of attention! How about stealing MY thunder!??! I don't give a rat's booty about the bride and the groom ... it is all about ME people! ME!
                          Originally posted by drunkmom
                          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                            Wait.. she crashed the reception.. and didn't give the happy couple a free car!?

                            Can we say.. Opera.. your a TV celebrity.. but your not above the law.. Not invited means don’t come.... unless you give away a free car.. Or many free cars..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is it ok to crash a wedding reception as long as you're a celebrity?

                              Man. I would be all levels of livid! I'd have her thrown out by very large men in a heartbeat.
                              That's some nerve right there. Just no class.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X