X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goofiest Sci Fi swearing ever..."That's hot!"

Comment

The practice of made-up swear words has a long history. W.C Fields was famous for it... in an attempt to add some humorous color and avoid censorship. Two of his more classic exclaimations were, "Godfrey Daniel!" and "Mother of Pearl!" With the correct vocal emphasis, everyone knew what he was saying even though he never said it. The Standards & Practices Dept. was not amused... but what could they do?
      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
        The practice of made-up swear words has a long history. W.C Fields was famous for it... in an attempt to add some humorous color and avoid censorship. Two of his more classic exclaimations were, "Godfrey Daniel!" and "Mother of Pearl!" With the correct vocal emphasis, everyone knew what he was saying even though he never said it. The Standards & Practices Dept. was not amused... but what could they do?
        Mr. Chaney- thats is really awesome. Can I also say I really love your posts!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X