Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

CARS-How Many Product Tie-Ins?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARS-How Many Product Tie-Ins?

This thread could go here, or to business, or even to fun and games.

I won't see the movie Cars until next week, but on TV I've probably seen about a half dozen Cars-related ads for different products. Does this mean that we have a lot of products featured in the movie itself?

I know that payment for product placement is another revenue stream for studios these days. We've come a long way since ET and the Reese's Pieces..some movies have had 40-50 product placement tie-ins in recent years.

Does anyone know how many there are...in Cars? Maybe there won't be as many as I think...but it sure looks like a lot.

Has anyone, among us, counted them? Could be fun, a game, certainly big business.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: CARS-How Many Product Tie-Ins?

'Cars' partners get "License to Win" - Brandweek 5/22/06
    The Biz: Promo Vehicle For Cars Merch; The Fader's Southern Strategy

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26666
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Wow...more than 70 licensees...are most of these readily identifiable in the film?
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

i didnt notice any in the film?

Comment

There is product placement (hey look, Spider-Man kicked a Coke can...)and there is product licensees (hey look, Spider-Man twizzlers....)
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd
            There is product placement (hey look, Spider-Man kicked a Coke can...)and there is product licensees (hey look, Spider-Man twizzlers....)
            thanks, i was wondering if i was losing my mind. haha. i knew i couldntve missed 70 products in that film.

the only "brand name" things they mentioned in the film seemed made up.

Comment

Originally posted by figmentpigment
              thanks, i was wondering if i was losing my mind. haha. i knew i couldntve missed 70 products in that film.

the only "brand name" things they mentioned in the film seemed made up.
              Gotcha. I was just wondering, and I stand corrected if need be.

--Barry

Comment

Well there were a lot of recognizable names, mostly cars (VW, Porshe, Ferrari, etc). I do think it might have been rather wierd though if these were not there.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                  Well there were a lot of recognizable names, mostly cars (VW, Porshe, Ferrari, etc). I do think it might have been rather wierd though if these were not there.
                  Right weird, and probably impossible from a design and storytelling aspect. Utilized for their recognizability as opposed to a product placement consideration not typically found in animation, let alone in a Pixar film. Since the film is titled 'Cars' with the necessary makes and models serving as archetypal characters:

Spoiler

Sally - the L.A. lawyer Porsche Carrera
                  Fillmore - the former hippie VW bus
                  and the international Ferrari contingent, etc.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to buy a CARS' Sunshade for my tC with eyes on it!

Psst: Disney you can have that one for free (if I can get a free set!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X