• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many fans, too little time - Los Angeles Times 6/27/06

Too many fans, too little time

By Elizabeth Snead
    Los Angeles Times

June 27, 2006
    Dennis Rice Johnny DeppOprahRobin Baum's office confirmed the report. Depp has worked with the Make-a-Wish Foundation since his days on the late 80's TV series, "21 Jump Street."

Well, this totally defuses any annoyance about Depp's subsequent truncated time on the red carpet. Choosing to make seriously ill kids happy over inane pointless press interviews? Hard to argue with that.

Photo Credits: Nice guy Johnny Depp arrives a little late to the Pirates premiere. But when you find out why, you'll understand why so many people love this guy.
    WireImage/Eric Charbonneau

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...-entertainment
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Too many fans, too little time - Los Angeles Times 6/27/06

Best two lines of the article:

Oprah
    and

Robin Baum's office confirmed the report. Depp has worked with the Make-a-Wish Foundation since his days on the late 80's TV series, "21 Jump Street."
    It's nice to know someone in hollywood isn't trying to get press out of his volunteer efforts **cough**Oprah**cough**.

Makes me like Johnny even more than I already do.

Comment

Well, I'm glad to hear that there was a good reason for everything starting late. Hey, I'll give up my autograph time for a Make-A-Wish kid anyday. Bravo Johnny!!
      <o>

Comment

Makes me love him even more. WTG Johnny!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

What nice guy. Johnny is good in my book.

Comment

Well, the guy isn't a jerk.

However, for the next POTC movie premiere, maybe he should walk the red carpet first, come up one side of Main Street, then back down the other, then a final, middle sashay for the photographers and TV whores and pimps.

Comment

Wow. This actually DOES change my opinion of him. Thanks for the post (and that doesn't happen often!)

Comment

Man, this made Johnny Depp shoot up on my list of respected actors'/actress'. It seems he had a full day: pirate press pics, luncheon with kids, red carpet, movie premier. Nobody can say he didn't do his best to please the fans. What I've heard makes it sound like he was rushing to get to his seat before the movie began because he had been talking with fans, not the press, fans. Wow!
                - Horizonsfan

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X