X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye H.R. Pufnstuf

Sad news reported by Animation World Network

http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=...sitem_no=17334

Voice actor Lennie Weinrib, whose most famed role was as the title character in the 1969 live-action series, H.R. PUFNSTUF (which he also co-wrote), died June 28, 2006, at his home in Chile. He was 71 years old.

For his animation career, Weinrib provided the voice for Scooby's impetuous nephew Scrappy-Doo in SCOOBY-DOO AND SCRAPPY-DOO (1979) and THE SCOOBY AND SCRAPPY-DOO PUPPY HOUR (1982). He was also in the voice cast of the first Scooby series, SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU! (1969) and THE NEW SCOOBY-DOO MOVIES (1972).

His other roles in animated series included: the title voice in INCH HIGH, PRIVATE EYE (1971); Moonrock in THE PEBBLES AND BAMM-BAMM SHOW (1971) and THE FLINTSTONES COMEDY HOUR (1972); Stanley in THE AMAZING CHAN AND THE CHAN CLAN (1972); Gomez Addams in THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1973); Hi-Riser in WHEELIE AND THE CHOPPER BUNCH (1974); Commissioner Gordon, The Joker, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BATMAN (1977); Rattle, The King and Yukayuka in THE C.B. BEARS (1977); Knock-Knock Woodpecker in THE SKATEBIRDS (1977); Dipper in SPACE-STARS (1981); Hunk and Lotor in VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE (1984); Charles and Lenny in KISSYFUR (1985); and Secret Squirrel in WAKE, RATTLE & ROLL (1990) and YO YOGI! (1991).

Weinrib was in the voice casts of HELP! IT'S THE HAIR BEAR BUNCH (1971), HONG KONG PHOOEY (1974), THE NEW TOM & JERRY SHOW (1975), JABBERJAW (1976), DYNOMUTT, DOG WONDER (1978), THE SMURFS (1981), THE KWICKY KOALA SHOW (1981), RAMBO (1986) and SABER RIDER AND THE STAR SHERIFFS (1987).

Weinrib voiced President John F. Kennedy in the hour-long 1970 NBC special UNCLE SAM MAGOO, UPA's last attempt to bring Mr. Magoo to primetime. He was in the 1970 Air Programs International special TALES OF WASHINGTON IRVING and The Count in 1971's THE POINT from Murakami-Wolf Prods. Other roles in animated TV specials were Timer in THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TRIP THROUGH LITTLE RED'S HEAD (1974) and Darzee the Tailorbird in RIKKI-TIKKI-TAVI (1975).

From 1977 to 1978, he starred in Magic Mongo, a segment of the live-action The Krofft Supershow.

His theatrical voice work included Secretary Bird and King Leonidas in Disney's BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS (1971) and Prince Abadaba in BUGS BUNNY'S 3RD MOVIE: 1001 RABBIT TALES (1982).

Re: Goodbye H.R. Pufnstuf

It's always sad when a talent like that leaves us. That guy was in some of my childhood favourites like Kwicky Koala, the Smurfs, Kissyfur and of course Bedknobs & Broomsticks!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

RIP. I used to love me some Scooby Doo!

BDK
      Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
      Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Wow - that brings back memories!
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Oh no! I loved that show!

Comment

so sad

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X