• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap Names Cynthia Harriss Brand President

== Just saw this come across the wire ====

Gap Names Cynthia Harriss Brand President
    Monday April 18, 5:04 pm ET
    Gap Names Cynthia Harriss President of Its Outlet Operations in North America

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Gap Inc. on Monday said it named Cynthia Harriss, president of its outlet operations, to take charge of overseeing all aspects of the retailer's brand in North America.

Harriss, who joined the company in February 2004 after a career with Walt Disney Co. and Paul Harris Stores, will become president of the Gap brand, which included Gap Adult, GapKids, babyGap and GapBody. She will move into the position effective May 2, succeeding Gary Muto, who became president of a retail concept brand for women over age 35 in September.

Meanwhile, Harriss' current role will be filled by Diane Neal, who is currently senior vice president of merchandising for Gap Inc. Outlet. She was previously president of Mervyn's department stores for three years.

Shares of Gap fell 8 cents to close at $20.94 on the New York Stock Exchange.
    == == == == == ==

I don't think that it's shocking news that she went to the gap.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Wait- is she Pressler's biaaaaatch again?

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach
      == Just saw this come across the wire ====

Gap Names Cynthia Harriss Brand President
      Monday April 18, 5:04 pm ET
      Gap Names Cynthia Harriss President of Its Outlet Operations in North America

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Gap Inc. on Monday said it named Cynthia Harriss, president of its outlet operations, to take charge of overseeing all aspects of the retailer's brand in North America.

It's hard to not be successful when you're running the GAP Outlet stores. The 7.99 white T shirt in the regular store is now 1.98 with a free belt. Perfect training for a brand custodian, running the swap meet. I think when you retire they give you a faux bronze "folding board".. I guess the fact that the stock fell says it all. :devil:
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

They're becoming the Laurel & Hardy of Retail!
        "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach

:lol:
          Check out my other blog:

Comment

Will she paint the outlet stores gold when they reach their golden anniversary ?

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
              They're becoming the Laurel & Hardy of Retail!
              Question - which is the skinny stupid one? :lol:
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
                Will she paint the outlet stores gold when they reach their golden anniversary ?

No, but I bet she will wow all the guys who work at my local Old Navy store...

Rumor has it they are going to remodle their corporate center to the Castro in order to make it a "hipper and edger." Make Mayor Newsome build them a huge parking structure for no reason, and pass a law that who lives in the city must wear the same type of unisex Camesol and Cargo pant combo...

Bye bye leather chaps... We'll miss you... Sniff!
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

Man, does this mean I can't shop at the Gap anymore? I love that store
                  Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                  Help support the site you love:
                  -Visit the MiceChat store
                  Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                  MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                    Man, does this mean I can't shop at the Gap anymore? I love that store
                    By all means shop there... we don't want either of them returning to the Disney Company...

But I will tell you one thing, it is one stock I am NOT going to purchase...
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

I wonder if they'll begin to sell the exact same non-variety at every store?

Wait... they do?

Hmm. I wonder what she'll bring to the table besides sofa painting.

Comment

Happier and happier everyday that I'm no longer a Gap Inc. employee

Comment

For crying out loud that name should not be read or spoken of ever again in a Disney forum, EVER!

Comment

I have been boycotting all Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy Stores since the Two Who Shall Not Be Named started working there

Comment

Originally posted by larry_poppins
                              I have been boycotting all Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy Stores since the Two Who Shall Not Be Named started working there

That's a great way to refer to them, lest we accidentally invoke their presence. :lol:
                              "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

I can't think of a better, blander, more ordinary place than the Gap.

Fits dear Cyn like a cheap turtleneck.

Comment

Well. I never. I don't really like Gap UK because it is too expensive - but I guess we won't see many repurcussions due to Pressler and Harriss over here in GB. But I do like to shop at Gap USA and Banana Republic when I'm on holiday (sorry, vacation) in Florida....do I have to boycott them? Won't they make Gap, BP and ON better places, cos of their experience in retail etc?
                                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                                  TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Re: Gap Names Cynthia Harriss Brand President

WOW, I can't wait to se Gap go further down the toilet. Good job Gap at choosing a woman who is as cheap as your clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by lyd
                                      For crying out loud that name should not be read or spoken of ever again in a Disney forum, EVER!
                                      Oh yeah? Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, Harriss, ...

Comment

EEEEEEEK! I'm melting! MELTING! What world....what a world....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X