This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they cancel Arrested Development, I will kill myself

THERE'S NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I'M FEELING!!!!

Anyone know where to send angry letters to Fox?????
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

And that is why you are called "Drama Queen":lol:

Honestly, this is my favorite show on TV by a long shot. I LOVE it. Just think how much better it would be if it were picked up by HBO or Showtime! They could say whatever they wanted.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

This is my favorite show, I do like Dusty's idea of it being picked up by HBO or Showtime should it get dropped by Fox. Though, I like how they always edit themselves in the show, I'm not sure if it would have quite the same effect if it weren't edited. Either way, the show needs to continue in some form.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Man, if I have to pay for this show I will and to hear it without the bleeps would be funny (why didn't they include that option on the DVD?) This just sucks. I really hope they don't cancel it though- maybe if they moved it to a better time slot they would have more viewers. I sometimes miss it on Sundays simply because I am not home. I mean come on, "Life on a Stick" gets a safe Wednesday slot and Arrested Development gets stuck in Sunday no man's land, known killer of great shows! ARGH!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
          Man, if I have to pay for this show I will and to hear it without the bleeps would be funny (why didn't they include that option on the DVD?) This just sucks. I really hope they don't cancel it though- maybe if they moved it to a better time slot they would have more viewers. I sometimes miss it on Sundays simply because I am not home. I mean come on, "Life on a Stick" gets a safe Wednesday slot and Arrested Development gets stuck in Sunday no man's land, known killer of great shows! ARGH!
          I never figured out why they keep it on Sunday, it's not the timeslot to put an award winning show in. Fox did the same thing with Wonderfalls last year and it died off fast, luckily it came out on dvd and found an audience there. If they just tried putting Arrested on after American Idol I think people would actually watch it.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Murdoch hires the most amazing creative director to find the most amazing sitcoms. They have had some amazing, cutting edge shows since the early 90's; The Ben Stiller Show, Malcom in the Middle, Greg the Bunny, Andy Rictor Controls the Universe and even Ally McBeal-

Then the disaster begins- These shows are handed to marketing and schedules and these grunting neanderthals underpromote these programs and put them on nights where they are destined to die.

Then the neanderthals hand the product over the squilling executives played in this episode by chimpanzees with check books. The morons stick to the scheduling and marketing never questioning the capacity of a great show until finally they pull the plug and show the 6th rerun of the Simpson, that night alone or the fill it with some bizarre American Idol focus episode or a $4 dollar reality show made my slave labors (my roommates from college all editors who got 2 cents a day or something).

And thats how Fox has barely remained in 3rd or 4th, fighting with ABC for so long. Even the WB and UPN executives say WTF everytime Fox makes a boner like these.

Comment

THERE'S NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I'M FEELING!!!!

Anyone know where to send angry letters to Fox?????
              If you go to the Arrested Development website, you can email Fox using a form on their website (at least three weeks ago they did)... I'm sad because the longer it drags out, the more it looks like it will be cancelled. I have a feeling I'm going to need Prozac if they cancel AD... We'll find out at the latest May 19th... but that's too long for me.

Comment

they also had some poll on the USA Today site about which shows should get the plug. It said that the poll had some signifigant influence on what the networks decided. Of course i'll never tell on what I voted.

Comment

I was going to say what Dusty said-you live up to your name for this one

Comment

I'm with you DQ.
                    This is by far the best show on T.V. right now. The writing is so clever and the characters are all my favorite.
                    I'm praying that FOX does the right thing here!
                    There's sooo few 'really great' shows left.
                    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

This show is really the next Seinfeld in many respects, but unlike a show about nothing, this is a show about everything! Perhaps the chink the armor is the inability of new fans to get into this show, but my answer is to get every fan to buy season 1 and hopefully season 2 and promote the hell out of it, lend it to neighbors, have AD parties, talk to it with co-workers, force your family to watch it, etc.

I think Fox would be shooting themselves in the foot to end a relationship with Ron Howard.

Comment

I've never watched the show, but if it's as good as people say then why do the ratings suck? I don't think the day of the week has to do with much...because isn't Desperate Housewives on sundays also?? And that show does great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                          I've never watched the show, but if it's as good as people say then why do the ratings suck?
                          I think you just answered your own question.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

I think you just answered your own question.

But you like the show don't you? To me if the ratings aren't good, then people aren't watching it so it must not be that great.

Comment

I've never watched the show, but if it's as good as people say then why do the ratings suck? I don't think the day of the week has to do with much...because isn't Desperate Housewives on sundays also?? And that show does great.
                              People will also line up and pay 9 dollars for Triple X: State of the Union - so there is no accounting for taste. However "Arrested Development" is not just heralded by fans, its won critical acclaim. Emmy people, emmy says its good!

The reason the ratings are down is the nature of the show does not allow it to be a one shot show that you watch, miss a few weeks and come back like Seinfeld, Friends, Will and Grace, etc etc etc. Its also shot one camera not in front of a live studio audience- a format viewers are still not completly comfortable with: see also Scrubs, Malcom in the Middle and Bernie Mac.

However certain nights and times equate to prime viewing. Per example Thursdays were owned for 10 or 15 year by NBC. With the death of Friends CBS puts it best, Survivor on Thursday and FOX buts its best the OC all at the same time. Sundays are traditionally tricky business. In the mid 90's Fox owned Sunday like a gimp in the closet, with Simpsons and X-files. Then X-files faded and for a time HBO owned Sunday nights with Sopranos and Sex in the City. Sex in the City feel at 9...so does Desperate Housewives. Who do you think the core audience of Desperate Housewives is? Ex- recovering Sex in the City fans!!!

So its not easy to compare Arrested Development to DH. I have said and I stand by it, move Arrested Development to the 9pm timeslot, Thursdays after the OC and follow it with a strong closer and I don't mean Pam Anderson's new sitcom "Stacked"

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                                , its won critical acclaim. Emmy people, emmy says its good!
                                Reba could win an emmy tomorrow, and it still wouldn't make it good

Comment

But you like the show don't you? To me if the ratings aren't good, then people aren't watching it so it must not be that great.
                                  Under the old Neilson rating guide what you say is true. However the sat, cable, dvd sales- etc the direct rating system is failing miseably. Tivo is altering the landscape of the television viewing audience. The numbers are not completly accurate and executives are not giving shows the time to grow that they had in previous generations. Good show get cut earlier, because studios can get cheaper reality shows.

Here is the formula:

A= Reality show made for 100k/ Y= Advertizer dollars x Ratings= Profit
                                  B= Sitcom show made for 500k/ Y=Advertizing dollars x Ratings= Profit

So in A- if the show costs less and generates less advertizing dollars and less ratings but the profit is higher they will go with that before option B. This option was not available before the late 90's. If a show didn't perform it was given a few more episodes or replaced with a movie of the week or network broadcast of a feature film. The landscape of television is changing and not for the better and cutting edge programming is suffering as a byproduct of it. Hence why I rail against reality television programming and anyone who tells me it employs just as many people and supports creativitiy and art should meet all the unemployed writers I know.

Comment

Reba could win an emmy tomorrow, and it still wouldn't make it good
                                    Could but wouldn't ever, never, ever! There is a difference buddy.

Comment

Furthermore it must be a better than average show if Marc Cherry, the creator of Desperate Housewives made a cameo in last weeks episode and the week before that Zachary Bruff, the star of Scrubs made a cameo. All of Hollywood is clamoring to be part of this project. I had dinner with Gary Marshall about a year ago, the man who created Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Lavrine and Shirly and an original writer on the Dick Van Dyke show- he said this was the funniest show he had seen in years. So this acclaim of this show isn't arbitrary, its deserving. Watch it and then come back and press arguments against it.

Comment

Dang, girl, take a breath
                                        Good morning, son
                                        In twenty years from now
                                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                        It was pain
                                        Sunny days and rain
                                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X