This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC Sells $2.1 Bil. of Prime Ads

Wow this is alot of money....So does this mean DLR gets a new E-ticket ride?
    I know it doesnt go back in the pot. Still ABC led all networks.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/rec..._id=1000939234
    Jason

Re: ABC Sells $2.1 Bil. of Prime Ads

that was last years figure...this years is 2.3bil

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/spo..._id=1002800209
    Jason

Comment

Because TV shows don't cost any money, right? And network-owned affiliates don't cost any money?

Hmm, just found one source that says ABC spent $500 million per year on NFL MNF. This year, it went for $1.1 billion per year (but it will be on ESPN, and that's probably a different line of business from ABC network).

It's possible that MNF ad revenues were separate from your $2.1 billion figure.

Comment

the question is what are the costs of those shows? I know we can not see the actual p&L. Still 2.3 billion leads the whole pack. With all the hit shows ABC does have and what is cost to buy NFL time and least not to forget that is spread out over ESPN and ABC. No those MNF figures are included. Check the link on the 2.3 billion. Came out yesterday.
        Jason

Comment

Maybe another direction to go is: how much revenue will an E-ticket attraction at DLr generate?

Comment

^only one I guess? Only one attraction had a great impact like and that was INDY in 1995.
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Redsix
              ^only one I guess? Only one attraction had a great impact like and that was INDY in 1995.
              yea and it also the last e-ticket Disney got too. Can you imagine if Disney stoped making animated movies after Little Mermaid???

Mermaid was toped by "Beauty & the Beast" then "Aladdin" and finally "Lion King". If Disney just kept building real e-tickets after Indy could you imagine what wonders could have toped it? But we will never know because Frank Wells died, Eisner went mad, and Paul Pressler rose to power .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X