Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Six Flags over ... Disney? - About.Com - 7/18/06

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags over ... Disney? - About.Com - 7/18/06

http://themeparks.about.com/b/a/257219.htm

New Six Flags CEO Mark Shapiro has been saying that one of his main goals is to make the chain of coaster-crazy theme parks more family friendly. The former executive at ESPN, which is part of the Walt Disney Company, clearly wants to emulate the Disneyland model. But Six Flags may be taking things a bit too far in its quest to mimic The Mouse. On a recent visit to Six Flags Darien Lake, near Buffalo, New York, I stumbled upon Curiosity's. The shop, known as Winter's Treasures before this season, used to sell Christmas-related items. Now, it features Disney merchandise. You read that right. Amid the Superman hypercoaster, the Dodgems, and Elmer Fudd's Tiny Tooter Railroad, there is a store offering Mickey Mouse T-shirts and toys from the new Disney-Pixar film, Cars. There are even posters hyping the movie. The sign for the store uses the distinctive Disney typeface. It's curious indeed to see Little Mermaid key chains alongside Six Flags' Justice League autograph books. According to Six Flags, other parks in the chain are also hawking Disney stuff, but there is no official relationship between the two companies.
    Photos of Darien Lake's Curiosity's Shop .

Re: Six Flags over ... Disney? - About.Com - 7/18/06

I smell trademark infringement. Employing that logotype is clearly not fair use.

Comment

Lame. Instead of taking Disney's merch, they should hype what they have already. I'm sure they could do it in a family-friendly way. Their biggest problem is their amount of intense coasters and lack of family rides, at least from what I've seen...and their lack of theming. That's what makes Disney parks Disney...not the stuff you can buy.

Comment

It is my understanding that this particular vendor was contracted to be there prior to Shapiro. And it is independant of Six Flags...

I don't think Six Flags agreement with Time-Warner would have allowed such a vendor. But I guess it passed their legal team...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Yeah, a couple of months ago I was at Six Flags New England, and I was really surprised to see them selling Disney/Pixar's Cars merchandise. They had a cart/stand that sold all Cars stuff - beach towels, t-shirts, collectible figurines, etc. I didn't know it was at other Six Flags parks, too, nationwide.
          "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X