anyone know any info bout this? im pretty sure its happening

Re: Lil Mermaid broadway

oohhhh that would be cool.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

Originally posted by belleariel412
      anyone know any info bout this? im pretty sure its happening
      This is the last article I recall seeing on this, maybe surfacing next year?
      I Am My Own Wife's Wright Pens Book for Disney's Little Mermaid
      By Andrew Gans
      17 May 2005
      Playbill.com
      Doug Wright, who won a Tony Award and a Pulitzer Prize for I Am My Own Wife, has penned a new book for the stage version of the hit Disney film "The Little Mermaid."
      Variety reports that Wright has replaced David Ives as the musical's book writer, and after an internal reading last week, Disney Theatricals has approved Wright's new script. The Little Mermaid, the industry paper reports, should arrive on Broadway in about two year's time. As previously reported, Francesca Zambello will direct the production, which features several new tunes by composer Alan Menken.
      http://www.playbill.com/news/article/92990.html
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

oops, skipped this one:

The Little Mermaid Schedules London Movement Lab
        By Andrew Gans
        22 May 2006
        Playbill.com

Following Tarzan, now on Broadway at the Richard Rodgers Theatre, and Mary Poppins, scheduled to begin previews at the New Amsterdam Theatre in October, the next likely Disney musical is The Little Mermaid, based on the hit animated film of the same name.

Playbill.com has learned that a one-week costume/movement lab for Mermaid will be held in London June 15-22. A spokesperson for the Disney musical told Playbill.com that "six London-based performers who have previously worked with choreographer Stephen Mear will be involved in the lab." No casting has been announced for the upcoming lab.

Doug Wright will pen the book for the musical, which features a score by Alan Menken. Francesca Zambello will direct.
        To date, Disney's Broadway offerings include Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aida and Tarzan.
        http://www.alanmenken.info/news/news.html
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

haha yeah i saw that...i hope kerry butler is not ariel! shes on the demo which is somewhere online ive heard it

Comment

My Drama Teachers friend is actually The vocal teacher thingy for the show

Comment

I've always wondered how they would pull of the effects for this if it were to happen. She can't just sit on a rock for an hour and a half. (Like she did in WDW-MGM.) Do they have the technology to make her swim convincingly? And can they use scrims, etc to REALLY make it look like it's under the water?

Hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan
                I've always wondered how they would pull of the effects for this if it were to happen. She can't just sit on a rock for an hour and a half. (Like she did in WDW-MGM.) Do they have the technology to make her swim convincingly? And can they use scrims, etc to REALLY make it look like it's under the water?

Hmmmm....
                im pretty sure they can

they do go to great efforts to make the shows extremmly great and its no doubt this musical is going to cost a lot of mula

Comment

I can't wait to see how they pull this off....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X