Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Hello True Believers.

I have been mired with work and well work basically---oh and working out a lot, which means I have been on a music binge and discovered some really amazing stuff!

Along with the Pirates 2 soundtrack, several artists have re-mixed the original Klaus Badelt themes- with a tribal/electronic flare featuring dialogue for both movies. There are 6 available tracks which can be downloaded at iTunes- are very fun.

Listen to a sample:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/he_s_a_pirat...202804932.html

Also coming around the corner- an entire album dedicated to original sea songs as recorded by modern artists like Bono, Sting and Nick Cave. The album titled " "Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs & Chanteys," is being produced by Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp and Hal Willner. The 2 disc album about peg legs, rum and girls will make land on August 22nd.

For a preview visit:
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/06/29/bono-a...r-jolly-roger/

Re: Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Remixes are fine but not for motion picture soundtracks. I wish the had put the closing credits track on the POTCMC soundtrack rather than that Tsiedo (or whomever that person is) version of "He's A Pirate!" Seems like that track belongs on a hip-hop, techno, rave album rather than on a fully orchestrated soundtrack.

Comment

Re: Pirate's Music (Remix and Inspirations)

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
      Remixes are fine but not for motion picture soundtracks. I wish the had put the closing credits track on the POTCMC soundtrack rather than that Tsiedo (or whomever that person is) version of "He's A Pirate!" Seems like that track belongs on a hip-hop, techno, rave album rather than on a fully orchestrated soundtrack.
      OH I dunno, it was a sample of the many artists being inspired by these movies and thats impressive. You don't see a slew of folks lining up to to create remix based on the music of X-men 3 or Superman.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X