X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man rides roller coaster for 3 days to win car - Newsday.com - 7/24/06

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...gion-apnewyork

WEBSTER, N.Y. (AP) _ A 23-year-old man rode a roller coaster for three days to outlast the competition and win a new car Monday.

Thomas Welsher, of Webster, was one of eight contestants who boarded the Viper roller coaster Friday morning to vie for a two-year lease on a 2006 Suzuki Reno. The contest at Six Flags Darien Lake in Genesee County, about 50 miles southwest of Rochester, ended at 5 a.m. Monday when Welsher's last remaining opponent relented and got off the ride, said Mary Christa Sellan, a spokeswoman for the amusement park.

By the end of the competition, Welsher had been on the roller coaster 395 times.

Contestants were permitted to leave the ride for a 20-minute break every three hours. They rode with other customers when the park was open and remained in their seats after the park closed.

Welsher's fiance nominated him for the contest, sponsored by a local radio station, because she was embarrassed by his current car, which she had to enter by climbing through a window.

Re: Man rides roller coaster for 3 days to win car - Newsday.com - 7/24/06

Id do it, heck I would do it for free considering I love coasters

Comment

Wimps..... I remember the San Diego Contest held on the Giant Dipper...

http://www.giantdipper.com/archives/...l_you_Hurl.htm

They went 11 days and 3 people remained.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ouch, Arrow Mega Looper for 4 days.

OUCH.
        ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

^^ Yeah but Darkbeer ... riding a woodie for 11 days and riding an Arrow Multi-Looper are two TOTALLY different things.

Imagine riding Viper at SFMM for 3 straight days. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
            ^^ Yeah but Darkbeer ... riding a woodie for 11 days and riding an Arrow Multi-Looper are two TOTALLY different things.

Imagine riding Viper at SFMM for 3 straight days. No thanks.
            Ouch.. i think i hurt my back.. can i have an extra year and free gas... for 3 years... maybe i would do it then.... but arrow custom looper... OUCH... I can only love Lochness Monster.. (interlocking looper) and hate arrow's python at BGT...

Comment

HAHA Imagine if they had it on Six Flags Magic Mountain's FLASHBACK ride! Last one to brain hemmorhage is a rotten egg!
              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
              sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X