Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Hamlet and The lion King

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamlet and The lion King

Earlier today, I was working with a group of people from my school drama class I was acting out the part of hamlet. Our group director not realizing what he fully said gave an an example from the movie the lion king. I the brougt up the fact that the basic story of Hamlet goes hand in hand. I would love to start a successful thread on this so if you have not read hamlet go to your local video store and check it out :monkey:

Alec Baldwin is on Conan tonight...perhaps we should ask him about the matter.

Comment

Im Watching conan right now

Originally posted by Captain Zissou
      Alec Baldwin is on Conan tonight...perhaps we should ask him about the matter.
      Im watching Conan now how Weird

Comment

It always amazed me that in the making-ofs etc for Lion King, they would proudly proclaim that is was based on an original story.
        Last edited by PeaJay18; 04-23-2005, 02:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
        Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

while certain parts are out of order, and it has the un-hamletish happy ending, it is the same story. The uncle kills the dad, the dad comes to the son as a ghost and inspires action, and the son returns to set things right. I personally love that they took the story from "Hamlet" and you could also draw certain conections between the Lion King 2 and 1 1/2....hmmm

Comment

Timon and Pumba in LK 1 1/2 = Rosencrantz and Guildenstern!
            Never thought of that before.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

i've never seen Lion King 2, but I heard it is loosly based on Romeo and Juliet.

Comment

yay for both of you!! Most people don't get it...so kudos to you both!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X