• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno Kirby dead at 57

So long Clemenzo, Dr. Stephen Hauk and of course Tommy Pischedda

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...-pe-california

Re: Bruno Kirby dead at 57

I loved him in Donnie Brasco! RIP brother.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Comment

How sad!

Comment

NoNoNoNoNo!!! I've always had a maaaajor thing for Bruno!

Arrgh.

Comment

If you want to see something truly sick, check out CBS2 (Los Angeles) "tribute" to Bruno. Basically one of their reporters was at the premiere of the "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" play and just started saying "He died" to a bunch of people going in. It really upset me and caused me to write the following email to CBS:

I wanted to comment about Mr. Dave Clarks story about Bruno Kirby's death. I'm not sure most people you just broke the news to saying "He just died" appreciated that and honestly, it was a very poor tribute to a great character actor.
          You can't just combine 2 stories (one about a death and one about a plays opening) like that. I know Mr. Clark wasn't fully responsible as your producers also have some blame.
          But until a public apology goes out to the family of Bruno Kirby, I will no longer watch news on your station.
          I don't usually do things like that, but that was just in poor taste.

Anyway, here is the video:

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=23526@kcbs.dayport.com

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
            If you want to see something truly sick, check out CBS2 (Los Angeles) "tribute" to Bruno. Basically one of their reporters was at the premiere of the "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" play and just started saying "He died" to a bunch of people going in. It really upset me and caused me to write the following email to CBS:
            Wow.... You were right in doing that. Very poor taste.

And he said it with a smile, too. Surprised he didn't try to cheer them up by informing them that he just saved on his car insurance by switching to Geico...
            -Tim

Comment

^ Lol!!!

Comment

How sad, he was a very good actor.

Here is my tribute:

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: I understand you're pretty funny as a dee-jay and, well, comedy is kind of a hobby of mine. Well, actually, it's a little more than just a hobby, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes.
                Adrian Cronauer: Really.
                Lieutenant Steven Hauk: Yeah. And perhaps some night we could maybe get together and swap humorous stories, for fun.
                Adrian Cronauer: Oh, why not? Maybe play a couple of Tennessee Ernie Ford records, that'd be a hoot.
                Lieutenant Steven Hauk: That's a joke, right?
                Adrian Cronauer: Maybe.
                Lieutenant Steven Hauk: I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot

I don't usually do things like that, but that was just in poor taste.

Anyway, here is the video:

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=23526@kcbs.dayport.com
                  Thanks for that link. How gross! I wanted to punch that guy.

I am disgusted by Dave Clark's poor taste in his coverage of the death of Bruno Kirby. He was smiling as he broke the news of Kirby's death to actors on the red carpet entering the Pantages theater. It was inappropriate to "break the news" as he did, and with the attitude with which he did it. He owes a huge apology to the family of Bruno Kirby, and I will never watch your TV station again. Dave Clark makes me sick.
                  I had to write as well.

Comment

He was one of my favorite c-list actors... A person everyone knew, but few really knew his name...

I never forget his performances in When Harry Met Sally ("You made a woman Meow?") and City Slickers...
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X