This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Disney Movies

o.K. this is a take off on the most underrated disney movies, but Disney has made some really bad movies.

I have not seen this movie but if a Disney Movie in 2004 only makes $314,402 something is wrong, very wrong. and the winneer is "AMERICA'S HEART AND SOUL" any other Disney stinkers out there?
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Re: Bad Disney Movies

Originally posted by tahoebob54
    o.K. this is a take off on the most underrated disney movies, but Disney has made some really bad movies.

I have not seen this movie but if a Disney Movie in 2004 only makes $314,402 something is wrong, very wrong. and the winneer is "AMERICA'S HEART AND SOUL" any other Disney stinkers out there?
    the Thanksgiving Promise
    Fussbucket
    Herbie: Fully Loaded
    The Haunted Mansion
    Atlantis
    Mother Goose Rock n Rhyme
    Jungle 2 Jungle
    Operation Dumbo Drop
    sister Act 1 and 2
    Hocus Pocus
    Honey I blew up the kid
    Newsies
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

Comment

Brother Bear (when asked on the Animation tour in WDW 'who likes Brother Bear' not one kid put their hand up!)

Comment

Originally posted by tahoebob54
        I have not seen this movie but if a Disney Movie in 2004 only makes $314,402 something is wrong, very wrong. and the winneer is "AMERICA'S HEART AND SOUL"
        Well, there's a big reason to that. It wasn't meant to be a big blockbuster. It was just a feel-good documentary, partially meant for the flack they got when Miramax released Farenheit 9/11 after Michael Eisner said, "No. Michael Moore is a bed-wetting doodyhead." It had a very limited run -- probably maybe just a few art houses that would usually show documentaries. It only opened on a maximum of 98 screens. Don't judge a movie unless you've seen it -- especially if you don't understand the circumstances. IMDB.com ratings are only slightly below average -- 4.2 with only 410 votes.

I haven't seen anything post anything that really deserves to be a bad movie. Believe me... I know bad movies and love them dearly. (Hi Keeba!)

So, the #1 movie that truly deserves to be on this list: Meet the Deedles with Condorman coming in at #2. But they are such wonderful guilty pleasures!
        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by jimmay
          the Thanksgiving Promise
          Fussbucket
          Herbie: Fully Loaded
          The Haunted Mansion
          Atlantis
          Mother Goose Rock n Rhyme
          Jungle 2 Jungle
          Operation Dumbo Drop
          sister Act 1 and 2
          Hocus Pocus
          Honey I blew up the kid
          Newsies
          I actually liked Operation Dumbo Drop and Newsies. Other than that, your list is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio
            Brother Bear (when asked on the Animation tour in WDW 'who likes Brother Bear' not one kid put their hand up!)
            Can you believe they made a sequel to that? Didn't see the first one, sure as hell won't see the second one!
            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

The Haunted Mansion was pitiful. Special effects were ok, but
              the storyline and the acting were awful.

Pocahontas
              Hunchback
              Fox and the Hound
              Rescuers Down Under
              Superdad
              Cinderella 2 (among a plethora of craptastic sequels to animated features)
              yeah, Brother Bear was a stinker, too

Oh, I really like Hocus Pocus, Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jesicca Parker as witches were really a lot of fun. And with the special
              bonus of Garry and Penny Marshall, that was fun.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin

Pocahontas
                Hunchback
                Fox and the Hound
                Rescuers Down Under
                Superdad

Oh, I really like Hocus Pocus, Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jesicca Parker as witches were really a lot of fun. And with the special
                I don't agree with you for movies 2-5 at all! I think they're lovely!

Besides that, agree with you on all counts

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                  . . .

So, the #1 movie that truly deserves to be on this list: Meet the Deedles with Condorman coming in at #2. But they are such wonderful guilty pleasures!
                  Oh, I had forgotten about these.

These are much, MUCH worse than the others mentioned so far!

The direct to video sequels don't really count IMHO. (Cindy 2 *was* awful!)
                  Although few are ok (MM in 3 Musketeers).

I agree w/ PWaddict; I liked Pocahontas, Fox, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet
                  and the Hound and Rescuers and was ok with Hunchback, Atlantis.

They are nowhere in the same category as some of the others we have been
                  talking about.

Comment

Most of their movies that end in "2" stink.

Comment

Brother Bear...
                      &
                      Pirates of the Caribbean

Just Kidding!.... Pirates rocks!

Comment

Pocahontas
                        Hunchback
                        Fox and the Hound
                        Rescuers Down Under
                        Superdad

Hunchback is a great Movie! One of my favorite its got a good message...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kw1hQTJAcM
                        ^this is a MV that proves it^
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I liked Pocahontas, Brother Bear and Atlantis. Don't understand why those movies (and Treasure Planet, which I also liked) keep getting bashed all the time.

Anyway, the worst Disney movies in my mind are the two Beauty and the Beast sequels, Cinderella 2, Little Mermaid 2, Pocahontas 2, Little Mermaid 2 and pretty much every other "2" movie except Toy Story 2, which was great, and Lion King 2 which was just OK.

Hmmm, seems to be a lotta 2's in there. Hmmmm...got any original ideas there, Mr. Lasseter? We could sure use them!

Comment

Hunchback
                            Well now you just threw down the gauntlet.

I thought Kronk's New Groove wasn't that great, in fact while I could deal with the original ENG I think it isn't worthy of a franchise. I mean, the animation even on the first film was barely past Saturday Morning TV quality. In fact, I'd say the old Disney Afternoon showed better talent at times.

Don't forget all the bad live-action films, too. I'll throw in Homeward Bound 2, since it wasn't even a direct-to-video. The first Homeward Bound was a serviceable rendition of the original Incredible Journey book, but #2 was bad.

Not as bad as what another studio did with Cheaper By The Dozen, mind you, just plain bad.

Comment

Pretty much all the direct-to-video sequels

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X