• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV as we know it to end by 2007

By Michael Rogers Columnist Special to MSNBC
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

In my completely uninformed view based of the jist of what I'm getting... I don't think digital companies would be thriled with this either as they no longer will be able to tout their premium digital services for a premium digital price...

Also, I don't know exactly how to broadcast on television but it's relatively easy to broadcast on the radio within a small radius of course... with this switch won't it be just as easy for people to broadcast on analog television signals... unmonitored and unregulated... I don't know if this is a move we should really be doing/worrying about... :-\
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Originally posted by dlfreak
      Also, I don't know exactly how to broadcast on television but it's relatively easy to broadcast on the radio within a small radius of course... with this switch won't it be just as easy for people to broadcast on analog television signals... unmonitored and unregulated... I don't know if this is a move we should really be doing/worrying about... :-\
      With a modulator and amplifier, you can transmit an analog signal anywhere. Now the problem is, if you trasmit on a freq that is assigned to someone else, and you foog up their signal, The FCC will hunt you down like a dog.
      >>Alan<<
      Member 216

Comment

Eveyone will need cable when digital arrives. The digital signal by it's very make up will die if anything gets in its way. At least with analog, the signal faded. With digital, it is everything or nothing.
        >>Alan<<
        Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
          Eveyone will need cable when digital arrives. The digital signal by it's very make up will die if anything gets in its way. At least with analog, the signal faded. With digital, it is everything or nothing.
          ahh.. but with that said.. Cable prices and Satelite prices will drive down.... as the deand rises... it will go up.. but eventually go down....

Esp since those who live in counties farther away from any signal like a few i know (and i an slightly north of Tampa.. i enjoyed those Orlando signals i sometimes get on a clear nightwhile they lasted) Or i could install a "tall Tower" with a rod on it to catch lightning and watch TV better... :devil:

but i do get Satelite on 2 out of 4 TVs.... (time to get 2 new recievers..)

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
            ahh.. but with that said.. Cable prices and Satelite prices will drive down.... as the deand rises... it will go up.. but eventually go down....

Esp since those who live in counties farther away from any signal like a few i know (and i an slightly north of Tampa.. i enjoyed those Orlando signals i sometimes get on a clear nightwhile they lasted) Or i could install a "tall Tower" with a rod on it to catch lightning and watch TV better... :devil:

but i do get Satelite on 2 out of 4 TVs.... (time to get 2 new recievers..)
            Cable and satellite prices may never come down. Both of them are in for some major upgrades. The satellite companies keep throwing up mre satellites and you can count on their receivers being changed. The cablecompanies have the most to lose because everyone of their headends will need to be upgraded prior to the switvh.Just think of how long the programmers are going to take to produce progtamming in HD.
            >>Alan<<
            Member 216

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X