This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Hilton arrested for DUI 9/7/06

Either I missed this on the boards somewhere, or else I'm very proud of all of you - the schadenfraude levels are low today. But, just in case you haven't heard, Ms. Hilton was arrested this morning for driving under the influence, and allegedly blew a .08, the state's legal limit.

Tmz has the following coverage: http://www.tmz.com/2006/09/07/exclus...usted-for-dui/

And, earlier in the evening, she was with Perez Hilton, and his take on the arrest is at: http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/paris_hilton/

She also apparently called KIIS fm this morning and indicated, as Perez stated, that she was "just driving fast because she was in a hurry to get a hamburger at In'N'out!"

Let the "blow test" and "is there a video" jokes commence.

Re: Paris Hilton arrested for DUI 9/7/06

So she was drunk and had the munchies!? Hmmm....sounds like "MaryJane" has something to do with this too....

Comment

That video blows.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to post this earlier but lost interest.

I actually believe her story. At 5'9" and only 110lbs, one margarita would certainly put her over the limit. She should have known better than to get behind the wheel, but I don't think she was on a bender by any means.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

She also said it was "no big deal" which I think is irresponsible of her. TO indicate drunk driving isn't a big deal on any level is wrong, IMO. Too many people die from a-holes drinking and driving to make it no big deal.
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

The "no big deal" comment just confirms how out of touch with the real world this spoiled brat is. The costs involved in a DUI are not even pocket change for people like her or Mr. Gibson.

Let their PR firms handle the aftermath and further public statements.
            "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
              Yeah, I was going to post this earlier but lost interest.

I actually believe her story. At 5'9" and only 110lbs, one margarita would certainly put her over the limit. She should have known better than to get behind the wheel, but I don't think she was on a bender by any means.
              I heard she was 105. I believe it too though. I'm a light weight when it comes to alcohol consumption. Especially on an empty stomach. But I don't go around driving shortly after I drank something alcoholic.
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                But I don't go around driving shortly after I drank something alcoholic.
                That's the key.

FWIW, I got the 110lbs from the article, her publicist quoted her stats.

Comment

Along with her DUI arrest and the splashy marketing campaign for her latest album "Paris," which sold a paltry 75,000 copies in its first week of release, a British guerrilla artist named Banksy has taken it upon himself to add insult to Ms. Hilton's pop music career.

The mysterious social satirist tampered with 500 copies of Hilton's album, altering its sleeve photos and text and replacing her CD with a "remix." Then he quietly put them into circulation, slipping the discs onto shelves at 48 record stores across Britain where shoppers might purchase them, unaware they were part of the joke.

In a photograph in the altered package, Hilton's head appears atop the body of a mannequin above the words "Thou shalt not worship false idols." The message "Life wasn't meant to be fair" appears next to another photo of Hilton. And a sticker affixed to the front of the album touts several fictional songs: "Why Am I Famous?," "What Have I Done?" and "What Am I For?" Calls seeking comment from Hilton and her record company, Warner Bros., were not returned.
                  Last edited by desertdweller; 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM. Reason: Rewrite
                  "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                    That's the key.

FWIW, I got the 110lbs from the article, her publicist quoted her stats.
                    Oh okay. I heard them saying on the news this morning. Silly Good Day LA! :blush:
                    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                      Oh okay. I heard them saying on the news this morning. Silly Good Day LA! :blush:
                      Whatever she weighs, it's not enough!!! You're a svelte gal, but she's positively emaciated!

Comment

What a shocking news week, first Steve Irwin killed by a wild animal, now this. What next, Tom Cruise hospilized for total insane breakdown?

It was bound to happen someday. Maybe they can hold her for her crimes against humanity (i.e. her album, continued presence in the media for no apparant reason and general mind numbing antics and self possessiveness)
                        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                        Help support the site you love:
                        -Visit the MiceChat store
                        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

All in all, it was bound to happen at some point. She gets what she deserves....and posting bail was probably a cinch - she probably had the bail money in cash in her purse.

Suffice to say, I'm not a Paris Hilton fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                            All in all, it was bound to happen at some point. She gets what she deserves....and posting bail was probably a cinch - she probably had the bail money in cash in her purse.

Suffice to say, I'm not a Paris Hilton fan.
                            There's no bail for a first time offense - as TMZ reported, the note regarding bail was erroneous. Once she's sobered up, she's released with a promise to appear and court date.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                              There's no bail for a first time offense - as TMZ reported, the note regarding bail was erroneous. Once she's sobered up, she's released with a promise to appear and court date.
                              Interesting - I didn't know that. Well good. Thanks for the info. Knowing she had to stay and sober up makes me feel all the better, really. Maybe a little dose of reality might help her - not.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X