Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The scariest photo of the day - vote now!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scariest photo of the day - vote now!

YOU MAKE THE CALL!
    This ...
    http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids...B1hV8o920DsQ--

A python sits on a road after swallowing a pregnant ewe in the village of Kampung Jabor, about 200 km (124 miles) east of Kuala Lumpur, on September 5, 2006. The six-metre reptile weighing 90 kg (198.5 lbs) was too laden to move, making it easy for firemen to capture it, said a local daily newspaper. Picture taken September 5, 2006. MALAYSIA OUT NO ARCHIVE NO SALES REUTERS/Stringer (MALAYSIA)

OR
    Teasing out TravoltaUpdated 9/7/2006 11:36 PM ET
    Enlarge
    New Line Cinema
    He looks divine: John Travolta, left, plays the mother of Nikki Blonsky
    in the remake of Hairspray. The movie hits theaters next July.

By Scott Bowles and Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY

Hollywood musicals haven't been a sure thing lately, so the brain trust behind Hairspray wanted a ringer for their remake.

And who better than the guy who cut a rug in Grease and Saturday Night Fever?
    "John Travolta is our generation's greatest musical star," says Hairspray producer Neil Meron. "With those two movies, he became an icon of movie musicals. And there aren't many left."
    Nor are there many hits. After Moulin Rouge and Chicago, many predicted Hollywood would be dancing its way to a genre revival. But The Producers, Rent and The Phantom of the Opera stumbled.

So filmmakers needed a star who sings as well as he acts, says director Adam Shankman. Travolta, in drag, plays Edna Turnblad, whose daughter Tracy (newcomer Nikki Blonsky) confronts racism in 1960s Baltimore. Travolta inherits the role from Divine in the original 1988 film and Harvey Fierstein in the Broadway show.

The real discovery, Shankman says, is the chemistry between the veteran and rookie. "When she walked on set for the first time, it was like she had been doing it for 30 years. John melts around her. They are so cute together, it's unbelievable."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...rst-look_x.htm
    Dude, where's my Ewe?
    10.00%
    Dude, what happened to Danny Zuko?
    80.00%
    I'll never sleep again
    10.00%
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: The scariest photo of the day - vote now!

That poor snake.

Comment

I wish the snake had swallowed Travolta. He's no Edna Turnblad.

Comment

I read one website that described Travolta's look as "a bear in a people suit attempting to steal food from unsuspecting campers". I think I have to agree with that assessment. He's SOOOOOOO not Edna and he looks terrible.

Comment

The people have spoken.

September 08, 2006

WHO'S THAT ... GUY?
          With newcomer Nicole Blonsky (right), John Travolta gets in touch with his inner diva Thursday to play Edna Turnblad on the Toronto set of Hairspray. The former-Saturday Night Fever heartthrob is reprising the role embodied by Divine in the original 1988 film, and recreated by Harvey Fierstein in the hit Broadway musical.

CREDIT: LDP Images
          PUBLISHED: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 08, 2006 06:00AM EST
          http://people.aol.com/people/gallery...1803_7,00.html
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Why couldn't they get Harvey Fierstein to do it! He was great!
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X