This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song of the South on YouTube!!

For anyone who hasn't seen Song of the South, and there are many, some super fabulous person posted it on YouTube. Just go here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j5x_sD5OJQ and follow the links given to each additional part.
    It's always been a favorite film of mine and I'm so happy somoene made it available for others to see, too.
    Enjoy everyone!

Re: Song of the South on YouTube!!

I wonder what the source was. It does not have the japanese subtitles like my Laser Disc, but it has that logo bug in the upper left hand corner. The British VHS perhaps?

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, Tinkerbell. I thoroughly enjoyed that trip down memory lane. I hadn't seen this film in 50 years and was surprised at how well it's held up.

It's a delightful film that really deserves to be seen in a cleaned up restored version.
      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Oh, I'm going to have to watch this as soon as I get home! It's the entire film? (Never seen it before)
        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

LOL I wonder how long THAT's gonna be up.
          I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
          sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Thank you so much for finding this. I plan on watching it very soon!!!

I haven't seen it since I was a little girl!!

You made my day!:thumbup:

Comment

I've only seen the first part of it. I did get well into it and look forward in watching more of them.

Thanks for posting this, indeed. For me; the only time I ever seen this one was when I was a little girl. I don't even remember what I just saw from back then.
              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Wow.... watch it now before it's ripped off.

But it makes me wonder.... If Disney sees the favorable responses, and the apparent want to watch it,

Nah... I'm just dreaming.
                St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Fortunatly I already have the legal Japanese Laser Disc that I personally bought NEW from Ken Cranes in Westminster

Comment

I found NOTHING particularly offensive in this film and was curious to see how I would view and perceive it as an adult after a 50 year lapse. It's a piece of film history, even less troublesome than GWTW.

The live action/animation scenes on this less than pristine video looked really good and the Bre'r Rabbit sections are extremely well done.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'll have to check this out!

Comment

That was an absolute joy! Iger is full of B.S.!

Comment

Glad you all dug it! There are sites that you can take the YouTube file and download it to your comp, for all of your infringement needs! :P Those of you out there who would like to keep it to your hard drive might want to take advantage of it. I believe there's one at <link removed by moderator> and others of course!
                          Last edited by Villains Fan; 09-09-2006, 11:04 AM. Reason: We do not condone copywritten illegal downloading.

Comment

I loved it! Thanks so much Tinkerbell! Finally I got to see it and I don't understand what the whole fuss is over that movie. It's very heartwarming IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                              But it makes me wonder.... If Disney sees the favorable responses, and the apparent want to watch it,

Nah... I'm just dreaming.
                              Sorry, T-Gel, it will remain a dream...the present-day Walt Disney Company remains nothing if not "politically correct"...

I've said my piece many times before on these boards...about the hypocrisy of not officially releasing this film, while profiting greatly from the use of its soundtrack and some of its characters.

--Barry

Meanwhile, back at the thread topic ranch...

Thanks for the links, Tinkerbell...very nice find.
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

My understanding is that the "tar baby" sequence is particularly controversial. Apparently 'tar baby' was a derogatory racial slang/phrase that was popular in generations prior to ours. To us, it doesn't seem like a big deal because we don't know that bit of history, but some people could find it offensive.

Personally, I see a friendship and a film that takes place in a specific point in history. I don't want to see this film censored, and I do want to see it released. I don't particularly understand all the backlash against it, but I do respect that this is a very sensitive topic.

That's just my two-cent ramble. I'm glad people are getting to see it, and it'll be interesting to see where THIS thread goes...

Comment

I remember seeing the animated portions of the film on the Disneyland TV show many years ago, including the "tar baby" scene.
                                  Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                                  2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                                  2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                                  sigpic

Comment

Okay... what was so offensive about that? Why does this movie get banned forever yet I can find Blazing Saddles (a great movie at any store i walk into? I read the idea (idea, not rumor) somewhere to put it out as one of those Walt Disney Treasures and have Leonard Maltin make a little "safe" speech at the first to clear things up. That would be a swell idea.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                                    Follow us on Twitter
                                    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                                    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

better download it while you can.. can't imagine it staying up for long. I just wish the quality on youtube/google video was better.. they compress the crap out of their stuff till it looks like poo. Downloading it right now
                                      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                        better download it while you can.. can't imagine it staying up for long. I just wish the quality on youtube/google video was better.. they compress the crap out of their stuff till it looks like poo. Downloading it right now
                                        How do you do that?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X