X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Studio 60' - on the air

Originally posted by sediment View Post
    Seinfeld was all over the place in its first years. Not unlike Scrubs. And chopping shows that suck has happened for decades.
    But it seems like it happens a lot more quickly lately. They always talk about the shows that get cancelled within the first three episodes. Wasn't there that James Woods TV show that was canned after one episode this season? I'm just saying that give shows at least 13 episodes before giving it the axe completely. Try to move it around to have it get the proper audience it should have.
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Re: 'Studio 60' - on the air

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
      But it seems like it happens a lot more quickly lately. They always talk about the shows that get cancelled within the first three episodes. Wasn't there that James Woods TV show that was canned after one episode this season? I'm just saying that give shows at least 13 episodes before giving it the axe completely. Try to move it around to have it get the proper audience it should have.
      One thing that has sped up the axing has been the "easy shows" i.e., the game shows that are ready to go on the air in case of such axing.
      That James Woods show is still on the air, I believe, although it might be canceled, too.
      Typically, shows are produced with one episode (pilot) then 6 or 7 or 13 shows. Halfway through the airing, the show gets either canceled or renewed for more episodes. The more that are in the can, the more likely the show will be on the air for all of them. The show would have to really suck for episodes not to air.
      Cheaper is better. That's how Seinfeld kept plugging away, while being good at the same time. Other shows stay on because there has already been a whole -year or multi-year commitment to a star agreed to.
      Then, getting a highly-sought-out demographic helps as well.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X