Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Walt Disney World lands Monopoly board spot - Orlando Sentinel.com

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney World lands Monopoly board spot - Orlando Sentinel.com

Full story at: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,7003404.story

Walt Disney World lands Monopoly board spot

Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer

Orlando's Walt Disney World has replaced Illinois Avenue on the new Monopoly: Here & Now edition, the makers of the game board announced this morning.

At $2.4 million for the Disney property, Orlando beat out other large American cities such as Phoenix and Honolulu, whose landmarks will cost $2.2 million each.

New York City's Times Square took the top spot, replacing Atlantic City's Boardwalk, and will cost $4 million.

Hasbro, maker of Monopoly, let people vote online in the Spring for the top landmark to represent each city and where the property would be located -- highest to lowest rent. The city with the most votes took the coveted priciest spot.

The Here & Now edition also features new game pieces such as a laptop, McDonald's French fries and tennis shoes.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Walt Disney World lands Monopoly board spot - Orlando Sentinel.com

Cool! I'm happy to see it made it. I voted a while back when they still had the polls open.

Comment

Is that what our culture has become? An ode to all things fried? A McDonald's french fry piece? Lord have mercy! I am happy to see WDW on the game though. But I think they could have come up with better pieces.

Comment

I guess it's kind of cool. It's just that I am kind of growing sick of the endless diffrent monopoly games there are already on the marketplace.
        Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
        sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X