X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buena Vista Unveils First Blu-ray Specs - High-Def Digest, 9/15/06

High-Def Digest, 9/15/06
    Buena Vista Unveils First Blu-ray Specs

With only days to spare, Buena Vista Home Entertainment has at last released the full specs for its first wave of Blu-ray titles streeting this Tuesday.

As previously announced early last month, Buena Vista will release its first four titles on September 19 -- 'Dinosaur,' 'Eight Below,' 'The Great Raid' and 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.' With fellow Blu-ray-supporting studios Sony, Warner, Paramount and Fox all utilizing a variety of different sound formats and video codecs on their disc releases, early adopters have eagerly awaited news on what approach Buena Vista was going to finally choose. Turns out the studio's first batch is just as varied...
    Full Story: Buena Vista Unveils First Blu-ray Specs
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Buena Vista Unveils First Blu-ray Specs - High-Def Digest, 9/15/06

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
    Making sure I understand..these films will be released in 3D ?
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

umm..no..blu-ray isnt 3d it HD (high definition)

Comment

Blu-ray is an ultra-high definition DVD format for HDTV's. Blu-ray DVD's have more information stored on them to generate better audio and video. The new technology comes with a pretty high price tag, though. Blu-ray DVD players run in the neighborhood of $1,000.00. Like with all technology, however, the price is certain to come down as the players become more commonplace. The new players are engineered to be backwards compatible with your existing DVD's, so there's no need to go out and buy a whole new movie library . . . yet.
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

So far I'm not inerested in spending $30 for 'C' list titles, on a machine that cost $1000, and has had some serious video quality issues.

My 55" 16x9 Hi Def Sony TV is happy enough playing standard DVDs (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
            Blu-ray is an ultra-high definition DVD format for HDTV's. Blu-ray DVD's have more information stored on them to generate better audio and video. The new technology comes with a pretty high price tag, though. Blu-ray DVD players run in the neighborhood of $1,000.00. Like with all technology, however, the price is certain to come down as the players become more commonplace. The new players are engineered to be backwards compatible with your existing DVD's, so there's no need to go out and buy a whole new movie library . . . yet.
            Thanks for the clarification !!
            Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
            http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X