This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'The Amazing Race' Season 10

I'll tell you what team I'm NOT rooting for...that would be that couple that keeps bitching at each other. I think the girl's name was Kimberly or something. Even in their introduction part they were snarky to each other. They bug!!

Don't have a team to officially root for, but I like the brothers, the moms from Alabama or whereever, and the father/daughter team.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Originally posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought one of the gay guys looked a little like Chernabog?

LOVED the mid leg elimination. Dang. (Makes sene w/2 more teams this go 'round) I thought it had something to do w/the motorcycle gang though!

Liked the Indian couple who were booted off I like a lot of teams, so far, little fuiighting, thankfully. more diverse cast. We'll see how it goes but it looks promising!!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
        Am I the only one who thought one of the gay guys looked a little like Chernabog?
        I vote no way! You make the call:
        http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...om_terry.shtml
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I can't stand the Kentucky people - when she said that the men make all the decisions, that ended it for me! And yes, I hope the cheerleaders go down in a big way - clapping and cheering in the little taxi - I would have dropped them off in an alley!

I really like the gal with the prosthetic leg and her partner - they're great.
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
            I'm not sure if I like her. I don't like the way she's working the whole prosthetic leg thing. (I know, that sounds terrible, but hear me out.) She can't be both pre-boarding the plane and then complaining that the challenges are too hard. The fact that she is playing it both ways is not cool. I'm totally amazed at all she's has done in her life, so I guess I just want to see her be a total bad a$$ and play hard and stay ahead.

Does that make sense? I hope so, cause I don't want to offend anyone by that.
            It totally makes sense, because I felt the same way. Even if it was assigned seating. But what happens when it comes time to no assigned seating or something like that. I mean I totally respect her for doing this, but you can only play it one way.

I was really cheering for her to get up the wall. I felt so bad she was having trouble. It was so awesome to see her get to the top, the same with the friends/moms. They were trying so hard.

....I probably couldn't make it up myself. :blush: So they all impressed me.

Comment

I tuned into the part where they ate fish eye. I just went to Beijing this summer, so seeing the Forbidden City and the "simi" Great Wall was cool because I was actaully there .

Now, when I say "simi" Great Wall, it's because our tour guide said it's not exactly part of the Great Wall. But it was a gateway. Something to that extent. And I'm pretty sure I know where their pit stop is. It's on the way to the Great Wall...

And the wall that the pit stop was on, for the tourists, they put Terra Cotta warriors along the wall looking out. They didn't historically do that, it's just there for tourists.

From Forbidden City to Great Wall area is a couple hours drive I think.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                I totally thought so to, at certain angles.
                Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                  Well, not in THAT picture... But on the show... they could be brothers (thanks DBC! )

Oh and I forgot to mention... Peter = so gay. Those two have some major issues.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I like her. I don't like the way she's working the whole prosthetic leg thing. (I know, that sounds terrible, but hear me out.) She can't be both pre-boarding the plane and then complaining that the challenges are too hard. The fact that she is playing it both ways is not cool. I'm totally amazed at all she's has done in her life, so I guess I just want to see her be a total bad a$$ and play hard and stay ahead.

Does that make sense? I hope so, cause I don't want to offend anyone by that.
                    What bothered me is that she seems really self-absorbed. Her partner spent all that time cheering her on as she struggled to climb the wall. As soon as she finished and he started his climb, she walked away from the wall. Why wasn't she supporting and encouraging him?
                    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
                    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Comment

You know what is strange about them saying that this is Amazing Race's Season 10? A season has always been the fiscal year. When they talk about Friends being on for 10 seasons, it's because it ran from 1994 to 2004. However, if I go back 10 years/seasons to 1996, I don't remember seeing Amazing Race ANYWHERE in the television lineup.

Shouldn't they rephrase the 'seasons' and maybe call it Round 10 or something?

Comment

MONGOLIA looked very cool. And the teams were getting quite heated, it's so great when the tension builds & inevitably the couples start screaming at each other. The only other best places to witness similar behavior is at Disneyland and in Las Vegas.

And the team nicknames have begun to be hurled: "The Barbies" (beauty queens) and "The Bumpkins" (the Kentucky couple).

And B-Y-E, B-Y-E Cheerleaders!
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                          Shouldn't they rephrase the 'seasons' and maybe call it Round 10 or something?
                          Agreed. It's on twice a year, spring and fall, so really it hasn't been 10 years worth of shows.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

It's on twice a year, spring and fall, so really it hasn't been 10 years worth of shows.
                            This would be television/advertising/syndication years you're refering to, not actual real-time years. More seasons mean more revenue, and more episodes to reach syndication faster for...more revenue.
                            Without the traditional network sitcom season structure like 'Friends' for example (with their $6 million per epi for the 6 cast members) or the budgets that went with them, a reality series like TAR can be more flexible.

Comment

Gimme a "Y"!
                              Gimme an "E"!
                              Gimme an "A"!

Yeaaaaaaa the cheerleaders are gone!!!
                              One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                              Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Crap. We missed it!! I forgot about the Sunday night thing. They messed me all up! We were watching Gone With the Wind.

Glad the cheerleaders are gone!! :yea:

Comment

I was SO hoping that the AL moms would go... i did'nt like how they did'nt even stop for the 2 at the side of the road flagging them dowb.

I love david and Mary even more this week... What a way to expand your view of the world!!
                                  Good morning, son
                                  In twenty years from now
                                  It was pain
                                  Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

It's always good to see the stupid teams get eliminated!

Comment

It's looks like the non-ugly Americans are leading the pack:

Double and Nothing

In the first half of a two-part episode of ''The Amazing Race,'' the models struggle and the beauty queens coast to an anticlimactic ending by Josh Wolk

FINNISH LINE
                                      Tyler and James thought they had Lapped the other teams
                                      http://www.ew.com/ew/article/comment...7_3_0_,00.html

I picked "The Barbies" to win at the start and they're still powering thru.

Comment

I've been cheering on the Barbies, my husband is cheering for the Cho brothers, but we're both bothered that the Cho's keep persisting in helping the Bama ladies.

None of the remaining teams have much personality. My husband was SO mad when the coalminer and his wife didn't get booted those times they came in last place. He hated them (mostly her) more than anyone ever. :lmao:

We were SO glad to see Peter and Sarah gone. And very glad Sarah realized what a JERK he is. I hated him!

Rob and Kimberly (are those their names?) fight a lot.....too much, "Run, hurry, this way, go!" It's like DUH, it's a race, of course she's running and hurrying, she's kicking some butt, so shuddup already! They suck at finding places--they're always making bad decisions. But they're fit and tough.

Comment

How does one drive a tank through a muddy field and come out spotless?!

It's Cho Time!

On ''The Amazing Race,'' the brothers do themselves in by sticking with their now-pointless alliance, while the good-looking teams continue to dominate by Josh Wolk

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN The Chos' integrity was their fatal flaw

I think it's time for us all to come to terms with the fact that the beauty queens may win this thing. Yes, this week they came in second to the models, but I suspect they let James and Tyler beat them because they just didn't want to win another trip. It's like too much chocolate: No matter how decadent it is, after a while the thought of another voyage to Puerto Vallarta just makes you nauseated.

Look how effortlessly Dustin and Kandice cruised through this leg of the race. They evidenced a slight fear at having to rappel face-first down a Helsinki building, but it was nothing compared to Godwin's tears and Lyn's fervent prayers to God. And the BQs kept their feet on the building, unlike Erwin, who was just lowered down, arms and legs dangling and head skidding alongside the building. He would have shown more grace if he had fallen out a window.
                                          http://www.ew.com/ew/article/comment...5_3_0_,00.html

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X