• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Pirates' battles back to #1 overseas - The Hollywood Reporter 9/18/06

'Pirates' fights way back to No. 1

By Frank Segers
    The Hollywood Reporter
    September 18, 2006

Thanks to a record-setting opening in Italy, the Walt Disney Co.'s "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" returned to the No. 1 spot internationally with a weekend boxoffice take of an estimated $16.5 million from 5,199 screens in 42 territories.

"Dead Man's Chest," in the top spot for 10 of the past 11 weeks, has accumulated $612.5 million in total overseas boxoffice, ranking fifth among only six films ever to have crossed the $600 million gross mark internationally. Its global boxoffice tally stands at an estimated $1.03 billion.

According to Buena Vista International, which distributes Disney product, "Dead Man's Chest" by the weekend should surpass 2002's "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," which stands at No. 4 all time internationally with a gross of $614.7 million. It was the sensational bow in Italy that powered this weekend. "Dead Man's Chest" made off with a mighty $12.8 million from 1,005 screens. BVI said it is a record for the market, nearly double the comparable five-day take of the first in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1003123337
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Pirates' battles back to #1 overseas - The Hollywood Reporter 9/18/06

wow, it's definitely going to be intresting to see how 3 fairs in comparison.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X