This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muppets on Disney Wonder

The Muppets have a show on the Disney Wonder, has anyone seen it? It feature real muppets and not costumed characters.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Re: The Muppets on Disney Wonder

I know that Disney was auditioning puppeteers for this and other ventures, so that they could whore "real" muppets to the parks and cruise ships. ToughPigs.com had a story on it last year.

This goes against how The Muppets had done things in the past. Only ONE ACTOR to each Muppet. Meaning that Kermit was ALWAYS Jim Henson (Steve Whitmore has been the sole Kermit since Henson's passing), and that Fozzie is ALWAYS Frank Oz.

I wouldn't mind anamtronic Muppets, but fake Muppets?

Comment

It doesn't go against what Jim Henson wanted... if I remember correctly, Jim actually was considering things such as this.
      -Tim

Comment

From Muppet Central.com,

We were on the Disney Wonder 10 day Southern Caribbean Cruise. The Muppets were absolutely wonderful. The show was based on the idea that Kermit could not get a star to headline the show. The Muppets came on board in the morning from St. Lucia, or the day before from St. Thomas, I'm not sure, and filmed one day or two days on board the ship. The Muppets were filmed doing various things around the ship, with the captain on the bridge, etc etc. The cruise director from the ship appeared in one skit as a chicken. The muppets also performed "Manamana" (sp?) , one of my all time favorites.

Miss Piggy was too busy enjoying room service and the amenities of her stateroom (all filmed, though Kermit appeared to be talking to her live from her stateroom) to host the show. Finally Miss Piggy did show up. She was going to perform every song she knew in alphabetical order but I guess there was some kind of stage problem because she disappeared through a trap door in the stage.

The guest star of the show finally was Pavaratti. This was a french(?) comedian who performed a number of interesting physical gags. He took up a little too much time. I would have preferred at least one more Muppet skit. I'm sorry my details are hazy. My shore excursion on this day was late getting back and I just barely made it to my scheduled performance. Many shore excursions were late and it is a shame that the Muppets had to perform to an audience that was tired and rushed.

P.S.

The Offical site mentions Muppets Ahoy.
        The show was excellent!!! I joined the board to tell you about it.
        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

http://www.savethemuppets.com/

Here is a link to what I read a while back

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X