X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The '09 Camaro is an Autobot!

Originally posted by Hot Rod Magazine
    This is kind of a special movie in that the cars are characters," explains director Micheal Bay, whose previous films include Armageddon, Bad Boys, and The Rock. "I wanted to find a special car, and I have the best relationship with GM. They took me into their skunkworks, and I saw this car. I said, 'That's the car.'"
    The Chevy Camaro will be yellow and black and will be the hero autobot BUMBLEBEE.

Transformer's AND American Muscle heads will be interested to note that the Camaro's real life nemesis, the Saleen S281 Ford Mustang. The Saleen will play the role of Brawl and will be painted in a police car theme. Ford doesn't want it's flagship car to be a villain, so rather than use a Ford Mustang, the producers opted to go with the Saleen brand.

I nearly passed out when I read this. Two of my most favorite elements of my childhood, the Camaro and Transformers, together, in a huge Summer Action Flick? :falls to the floor and convulses:

Re: The '09 Camaro is an Autobot!

Not sure which camero you have (can't see pic) but I'm partial to red & black!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
      The Chevy Camaro will be yellow and black and will be the hero autobot BUMBLEBEE.

I nearly passed out when I read this. Two of my most favorite elements of my childhood, the Camaro and Transformers, together, in a huge Summer Action Flick? :falls to the floor and convulses:
      I've seen some of the preliminary footage. This movie is going to great.

Comment

Yes! More transformers fans! But please note, Bumblebee doesn't start out as the new camaro...

Click the banner! ^^^^
        Follow us on Twitter
        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Wow, put some muscle finally in this car. I used to eat these cars for breakfast with my GTI VW. Nice to see some upgrades.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
            Yes! More transformers fans! But please note, Bumblebee doesn't start out as the new camaro...
            True. Apparently they went out to find the most busted '69 they could fine.

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
            Wow, put some muscle finally in this car. I used to eat these cars for breakfast with my GTI VW. Nice to see some upgrades.
            Recent reports say that the 09 Camaro will come with 400hp standard. Not the SS, not the RS, standard!

The Pontiac GTO has 400 hp, so it's a natural assumption that the Camaro will one up that since it's Chevy's flagship vehicle.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X