This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Wierd Al" cd out today

I just wanted to let all the "Wierd Al" Yankovic cd came out today titled Straight Outta Lynwood. I picked it up funny stuff as always from Al . White & Nerdy and Canadian Idiot along with Confessions Part III are all super funny. As most albums by Al this does contain one of his famous Polka's of modren hits Polkarama! Oh added bouns it is a Dual Disk with a DVD side along with the cd side. We worth the money.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
    sigpic

Re: New "Wierd Al" cd out today

Cool Thanks I'll have to check it out!

Comment

Already got it!
      -Tim

Comment

I can't get it today. I unfortunatle have to wait for it to come out on iTunes! Hopefully before next Tuesday it will be out, but until then, I will have to wait anxiously!

Comment

One thing's for sure -- this one is MUCH better than his last album! Just wish they could've included the White & Nerdy video on the DVD. But, that video wasn't completed in time for press.
          -Tim

Comment

I've heard some very good reviews. Hopefully will go pick it up today.

Comment

This was a classic "Wierd Al" album that's for sure. I was bugged by one thing though The one song was clearly a parody of song that Staind did but no credit was given to them. I wonder if it was just a misprint or what?
              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for letting us know - I'll have to go check it out if it is like classic Weird Al again!

What's your all time favorite Weird Al? I think mine is still "One more minute.."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jessicalover View Post
                  This was a classic "Wierd Al" album that's for sure. I was bugged by one thing though The one song was clearly a parody of song that Staind did but no credit was given to them. I wonder if it was just a misprint or what?
                  Sounds like Microscopic Bacteria again.... the song was similar to Closer, but not close enough to be a parody.

Which song are you referring to? There's no style parodies of Staind on the album... the style parodies are:

"Pancreas"
                  Style parody of "Smile" by Brian Wilson
                  "I'll Sue Ya"
                  Style parody of Rage Against The Machine
                  "Virus Alert"
                  "Weasel Stomping Day"
                  Style parody of songs from the animated holiday specials (especially How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
                  "Close But No Cigar"
                  Style parody of Cake
                  "Don't Download This Song"
                  Style parody of charity singles such as "We Are the World"
                  -Tim

Comment

I'll have to buy this on itunes!

Comment

Pat Day is Friday.....I'll go then & get it!!!

Comment

They played a little bit of "Trapped in the Drive-In" on the morning show of the rock station out here the other day. I was almost in tears laughing. I definately need to get this.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I ment Saliva not Staind my mistake. Relisten to:
                          I'll Sue Ya
                          then listen to Saliva's:
                          Click Click Boom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jessicalover View Post
                            I ment Saliva not Staind my mistake. Relisten to:
                            I'll Sue Ya
                            then listen to Saliva's:
                            Click Click Boom
                            Well, that's the problem, then... it's a RatM style parody, done very much in the RatM style. He's not required to give credit for style parodies as the are original songs, but he does give those artists a thank you in the liner notes.

It does sound more like it could be a RatM song to me...
                            -Tim

Comment

Click Click Boom: Plastique and BBs can cure a lot of problems.

That or a good FAE.

Just listened to my quarterly dose of Spatula City and then heard about the new album. I can't wait!!
                              -AmandasDad

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X