• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing of the 'Guardian' - USA TODAY 9/27/06

Changing of the 'Guardian'

Updated 9/27/2006 1:04 AM ET

By Lisa Nipp, for USA TODAY
    Making waves: Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner can take it easy after the demands of filming The Guardian Kutcher "led the class" on the physical side, director Andy Davis says, and Costner "was more into attitude."

By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY

The GuardianField of Dreams). And when you see films like that or JFK or Dances with Wolves or The Bodyguarddo. That's their job. Your job isn't to be great at that. Your job is to look like you're great at that."

Though such a set would seem to be a natural for pranks, Punk'd co-creator Kutcher says, "it was too dangerous to be messing around."
    But he did pull off one small stunt. It was the middle of the day, and Costner was taking a break, dozing in a chair in his rescue garb.
    "We had this agreement before filming started that we were going to trust each other because it was going to be loud and we would be in the water. And if we thought the other was in trouble, we didn't want to hesitate to go to his aid," Costner says. "We made a pact."
    But, he says, "one spot emerged from this leopard. I'm like this (snoozing) and he's got this towel held up behind me and it says 'Action Hero' and points to me."

Says Kutcher, laughing: "I got a good picture of it. That will never be released."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ner-chat_x.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Changing of the 'Guardian' - USA TODAY 9/27/06

Kutcher "led the class" on the physical side, director Andy Davis says, and Costner "was more into attitude."
    Translation: Kutcher is a pretty boy. Costner is an "actor." (As long as he stays away from British accents a la "Robin Hood")
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X