X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Musical Revue Has Volume If Not Excitement - Tampa Bay Online 5/4/05

Editorial available at tbo.com - 5/4/05
    Disney Musical Revue Has Volume If Not Excitement
    TAMPA - There are two sides to ``On the Record,'' which opened Tuesday at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center.
    On the bright side, it's a proficiently executed musical revue featuring 60 songs from 75 years of Disney movies.

If, on the other hand, you like a little plot or characterization with your two-hour onslaught of power ballads and novelty songs, this isn't that show. The only context comes from the program (``Setting: A Recording Studio'') and a few significant glances, which hint that the four leads (Ashley Brown, Brian Sutherland, Kaitlin Hopkins and Andrew Samonsky) have been or will become two couples. The effect is more concert than Broadway show - except for the musical theater mugging.
    My finger points.

wow.. I got to get the tribune again... The times barely covers this (thought they did have a FLA park overview today in the "weekend" magazine version of the paper....

I will see this saturday.... (then go home.. get dressed into limo and off to prom which ironically is only a few streets away from the center...)

So you will get a review sunday/monday

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X