This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is HSM So Popular??

You couldn't pay me enough to watch 90% of the movies Disney Channel makes these days.

Comment

I personally enjoy it for the cheese factor. Its so happy and bouncy and corny and just screams Disney. I don't take it seriously - I don't think it was made to be taken seriously. Like the Da Vinci Code in that respect.
      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
        I don't know, I personally find any Disney film that hints at incestual relationships to be somewhat interesting in a topical sense.
        I must agree with this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
          When I figure out what HSM stands for, I'll let you know.
          I agree. People need to realize there are still some out there who do not know what a lot of the abbreviations mean.

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
          Happy Splash Mountain?
          I thought it was Haunted Mansion Holiday at first, but you may be right :lol:.

Originally posted by All Aglow View Post
          I thought it was just me and I was scared to ask what it meant for fear of looking silly. :lol:
          Nah, don't be afraid, just be All Aglow .

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          I think he means High School Musical.
          I am not sure if they mean High School Musical because this isn't in the "Aa Entertainment" lounge, it is in the non-park offereings lounge. So perhaps this is an abbreviated name for a theme park.

Comment

While it was cheesy, it dealt with a theme that a lot of tweens do deal with and that was identity. A few of the songs were decent, one in my mind was outstanding. I new once I saw the commercial with the actors and those few bars from that song, I knew it would be a huge hit, Disney knows their audience.

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
              http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=abbreviations

A link to a bunch of the abbreviations.
              My god, I could never remember all of those. I try to keep my abbreviations to a minimum, for all of those other people like me out there who don't know a CBJ from a PPH or an MT. There's no harm in typing it out!

Comment

I personally enjoyed HSM a lot!! The music is fun and it has a good message for kids. There is no violence or sexual innuendo so it's safe for all ages. I work with kids and they are wild for it! This is a movie that I know that I can show to the kids without having any parents getting upset about it which is not the case with many movies. It's basically a kid version of "Grease" and it's great!

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                  It's basically a kid version of "Grease" and it's great!

Hey! That's not fair! High School Musical actualy has a plot!
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

It was an OK movie for little kids, but all the publicity it's getting has made it unlikeable I guess. That's just my opinion though.
                    Thanks FlAmAbLe

Comment

Hey! That's not fair! High School Musical actualy has a plot!
                      And Grease doesn't?

Comment

And Grease doesn't?
                        Not really. Have you ever had to sit through the second act of Grease??? It's basically a string of "spotlight solos." Meaning, let's venture into the mind of the character and hear their lament. (Worse Things I Could Do, Alone at the Drive-In, Sandra-Dee Reprise, It's Raining on Prom Night.) Then don't forget Rock N Roll Party Queen, a boring song with no purpose and no plot development. Nothing happens in Grease. They like eachother, piss eachother off for various stupid reasons, dance, then she turns into a tramp for him. No major conflicts, nothing at stake, no eventful scenes.

And High School Musical at least plays up the conflict to a degree in order to actually bring the plot to a point of climax. He must physically choose one world or another, or find a way to do both. Now I think the characters are unbelievable, the songs lack any power due to the breathy pop style, and the story cliche, random incest undertone for villians...but at least it has a plot.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to watch 90% of the movies Disney Channel makes these days.
                          They are better than the ones on the SciFi channel. :lol:
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Alone at the Drive-In
                            :judge:

It's "Stranded at the Drive-In."

And as far as HSM, I've never seen it, but my daughter has. She loves the music, and basically anything else on the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana (:yuck to Suite Life.

I figure it's harmless pre-teen drivel and she'll grow out of it. I hope. :unsure:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by pizzamousechips View Post
                              My god, I could never remember all of those. I try to keep my abbreviations to a minimum, for all of those other people like me out there who don't know a CBJ from a PPH or an MT. There's no harm in typing it out!
                              That's why there's a link. So you don't have to remember. Except for the link, of course. Or that post.

Sure would be nice to have them in alphabetical order, though.

I couldn't figure it out, either, until I saw another post.
                              "Hauntin' Space Mountain"?
                              "Honey, Stupid Movie-based-attraction?"

Comment

I don't get it either.

The movie was absolutely horrible. It's your average "teen" movie.

Is this home?
                                Am I here for a day or forever?
                                Shut away
                                From the world until who knows when
                                Oh, but then
                                As my life has been altered once
                                It can change again
                                Build higher walls around me
                                Change ev'ry lock and key
                                Nothing lasts, nothing holds
                                All of me
                                My heart's far, far away
                                Home and free!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                  :judge:

It's "Stranded at the Drive-In."

And as far as HSM, I've never seen it, but my daughter has. She loves the music, and basically anything else on the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana (:yuck to Suite Life.

I figure it's harmless pre-teen drivel and she'll grow out of it. I hope. :unsure:
                                  Actually, the song title is "Alone at a Drive-In Movie." I just simplified the title when I regurgitated the mess onto my post.

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
                                    They are better than the ones on the SciFi channel. :lol:
                                    If only we could see "Bruce Campbell's High School Musical"

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                      Is it the songs?? Storyline is definately not it. When I watched it, it was highly disapointing. Whant are your opinions?
                                      You guys are funny... a bunch of stick in the mud folks who spend way to much time relishing in the past. While I enjoy the past, it's important to acknowlege and be aware of trends. As a shareholder I can't say enough good things about High School Musical. If you are one, you should be in the same boat.

Unfortunately there will never be a channel for 50 year old people that want to pretend they're 10 years old and that things haven't changed. FYI: Did you know that Big Bird has a new red friend and his name is ELMO? Yes, things change it's just the nature of business.

Comment

Originally posted by A Change In Me View Post
                                        I don't get it either.

The movie was absolutely horrible. It's your average "teen" movie.
                                        Completely agree. Though it'd probably make 82% of teens wet themselves from laughter.
                                        Thanks FlAmAbLe

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X