• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UltraCheese
    replied
    Re: Why is HSM So Popular??

Originally posted by A Change In Me View Post
    I don't get it either.

The movie was absolutely horrible. It's your average "teen" movie.
    Completely agree. Though it'd probably make 82% of teens wet themselves from laughter.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy2
    replied

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Is it the songs?? Storyline is definately not it. When I watched it, it was highly disapointing. Whant are your opinions?
    You guys are funny... a bunch of stick in the mud folks who spend way to much time relishing in the past. While I enjoy the past, it's important to acknowlege and be aware of trends. As a shareholder I can't say enough good things about High School Musical. If you are one, you should be in the same boat.

Unfortunately there will never be a channel for 50 year old people that want to pretend they're 10 years old and that things haven't changed. FYI: Did you know that Big Bird has a new red friend and his name is ELMO? Yes, things change it's just the nature of business.

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
    They are better than the ones on the SciFi channel. :lol:
    If only we could see "Bruce Campbell's High School Musical"

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
    :judge:

It's "Stranded at the Drive-In."

And as far as HSM, I've never seen it, but my daughter has. She loves the music, and basically anything else on the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana (:yuck to Suite Life.

I figure it's harmless pre-teen drivel and she'll grow out of it. I hope. :unsure:
    Actually, the song title is "Alone at a Drive-In Movie." I just simplified the title when I regurgitated the mess onto my post.

Leave a comment:

• A Change In Me
    replied

I don't get it either.

The movie was absolutely horrible. It's your average "teen" movie.

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Originally posted by pizzamousechips View Post
    My god, I could never remember all of those. I try to keep my abbreviations to a minimum, for all of those other people like me out there who don't know a CBJ from a PPH or an MT. There's no harm in typing it out!
    That's why there's a link. So you don't have to remember. Except for the link, of course. Or that post.

Sure would be nice to have them in alphabetical order, though.

I couldn't figure it out, either, until I saw another post.
    "Hauntin' Space Mountain"?
    "Honey, Stupid Movie-based-attraction?"

Leave a comment:

• Hyperbole
    replied

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
    Alone at the Drive-In
    :judge:

It's "Stranded at the Drive-In."

And as far as HSM, I've never seen it, but my daughter has. She loves the music, and basically anything else on the Disney Channel from Hannah Montana (:yuck to Suite Life.

I figure it's harmless pre-teen drivel and she'll grow out of it. I hope. :unsure:

Leave a comment:

• ni_teach
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to watch 90% of the movies Disney Channel makes these days.
    They are better than the ones on the SciFi channel. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

And Grease doesn't?
    Not really. Have you ever had to sit through the second act of Grease??? It's basically a string of "spotlight solos." Meaning, let's venture into the mind of the character and hear their lament. (Worse Things I Could Do, Alone at the Drive-In, Sandra-Dee Reprise, It's Raining on Prom Night.) Then don't forget Rock N Roll Party Queen, a boring song with no purpose and no plot development. Nothing happens in Grease. They like eachother, piss eachother off for various stupid reasons, dance, then she turns into a tramp for him. No major conflicts, nothing at stake, no eventful scenes.

And High School Musical at least plays up the conflict to a degree in order to actually bring the plot to a point of climax. He must physically choose one world or another, or find a way to do both. Now I think the characters are unbelievable, the songs lack any power due to the breathy pop style, and the story cliche, random incest undertone for villians...but at least it has a plot.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Hey! That's not fair! High School Musical actualy has a plot!
    And Grease doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• UltraCheese
    replied

It was an OK movie for little kids, but all the publicity it's getting has made it unlikeable I guess. That's just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
    It's basically a kid version of "Grease" and it's great!

Hey! That's not fair! High School Musical actualy has a plot!

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

I personally enjoyed HSM a lot!! The music is fun and it has a good message for kids. There is no violence or sexual innuendo so it's safe for all ages. I work with kids and they are wild for it! This is a movie that I know that I can show to the kids without having any parents getting upset about it which is not the case with many movies. It's basically a kid version of "Grease" and it's great!

Leave a comment:

• pizzamousechips
    replied

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=abbreviations

A link to a bunch of the abbreviations.
    My god, I could never remember all of those. I try to keep my abbreviations to a minimum, for all of those other people like me out there who don't know a CBJ from a PPH or an MT. There's no harm in typing it out!

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

While it was cheesy, it dealt with a theme that a lot of tweens do deal with and that was identity. A few of the songs were decent, one in my mind was outstanding. I new once I saw the commercial with the actors and those few bars from that song, I knew it would be a huge hit, Disney knows their audience.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    When I figure out what HSM stands for, I'll let you know.
    I agree. People need to realize there are still some out there who do not know what a lot of the abbreviations mean.

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Happy Splash Mountain?
    I thought it was Haunted Mansion Holiday at first, but you may be right :lol:.

Originally posted by All Aglow View Post
    I thought it was just me and I was scared to ask what it meant for fear of looking silly. :lol:
    Nah, don't be afraid, just be All Aglow .

I think he means High School Musical.
    I am not sure if they mean High School Musical because this isn't in the "Aa Entertainment" lounge, it is in the non-park offereings lounge. So perhaps this is an abbreviated name for a theme park.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

I don't know, I personally find any Disney film that hints at incestual relationships to be somewhat interesting in a topical sense.
    I must agree with this statement.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

I personally enjoy it for the cheese factor. Its so happy and bouncy and corny and just screams Disney. I don't take it seriously - I don't think it was made to be taken seriously. Like the Da Vinci Code in that respect.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

You couldn't pay me enough to watch 90% of the movies Disney Channel makes these days.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Jr.
    replied

:ot: HarvestMoonRocks, off topic but could you please tone down your signature a bit??It's way to long.:ot:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X