• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 "Day Six" - Season 6 2007

24 Sets the Clock for Season Six

Source: FOX
    October 4, 2006

"24," this year's most Emmy Award-winning television series (with five Emmys, including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) and Outstanding Drama Series), sets the clock for "Day Six" with a four-hour, two-night television event Sunday, Jan. 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The fifth hour of "24" will air in the show's regular time period Monday, Jan. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and the intense season will unfold without interruptions until the season finale in May 2007.

As the clock ticks closer to "24"'s highly anticipated return, FOX will make a special, extended "Day Six" trailer available for worldwide viewing on the web. The online countdown to the trailer's debut begins today at 24Trailer.com. Fans around the globe can take their first look at Season Six by visiting the website on Tuesday, Oct. 24 (3:00 PM ET/Noon PT). The first promo for the new season is also scheduled to air during Game 3 of the World Series that night on FOX.

Season Five concluded with a battered and bloodied Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season Six picks up 20 months later. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, an unthinkable, nail-biting day begins.

Season Six will feature Wayne Palmer (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer; Sandra Palmer (Regina King), a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer; presidential advisors Karen Hayes (Jayne Atkinson) and Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol); and CTU colleagues Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison).

The cast also includes James Cromwell, recurring as Phillip Bauer, the estranged father of Jack Bauer, as well as Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Marisol Nichols ("In Justice"), Alexander Siddig (Syriana), Harry Lennix ("Commander in Chief") and David Hunt ("Everybody Loves Raymond") as villainous accomplice Darren McCarthy. Eric Balfour and Carlo Rota will reprise their respective roles as CTU contractors Milo Pressman and Morris O'Brian.

"24," created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, is a production of Real Time Productions and Imagine Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Jon Cassar, Kiefer Sutherland and Brian Grazer are the executive producers.
    http://comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=16808
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 24 "Day Six" - Season 6 2007

Can't wait!!! Thanks for the info.

Comment

While we're waiting for JANUARY - here's some Kiefer Sutherland entertainment to look forward to:
      VH1 Rock Doc 'I Trust You To Kill Me' Featuring Kiefer Sutherland and Rocco Deluca & The Burden to Premiere On VH1 Saturday, November 11 at 9pm

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- "I Trust You To Kill Me," from First Independent Pictures and Jude Cole and Kiefer Sutherland's Ironworks Music label, is headed to VH1 on Saturday, November 11 at 9PM.

The critically acclaimed film, which marks Sutherland's first appearance in a feature documentary, was released in selected theaters in New York (9/8), Los Angeles (9/15) and San Francisco (9/29) and features the first artist signed to Ironworks Music, Rocco DeLuca and The Burden.

"I Trust You To Kill Me" follows Kiefer Sutherland taking his indie record label act, Rocco DeLuca & the Burden, on their first international tour through London, Dublin, Reykjavik and Berlin. Directed by Manu Boyer, the rockumentary chronicles a highly personal journey of a rock band & their less than qualified road manager (Sutherland), and shows the hopes, successes and disappointments of a band trying to find their audience. Shot guerilla style in High Definition color and black and white, the multi-camera crew captures the excitement and commotion of the live performances as well as interactions between the band, fans and locals.

"The tour in Europe, and the film that has resulted, "I Trust You To Kill Me," was an amazingly personal experience," says Sutherland. "I am thrilled that VH1 has responded to the film so positively. I feel it is the perfect home for this documentary and their audience will relate to the journey this film depicts."

Rocco DeLuca and The Burden released their debut album, "I Trust You To Kill Me" this year and their current single, "Colorful" has just entered the AAA Top 30 chart and is aimed to be a top 10 record.

Rocco Deluca and The Burden has been chosen by VH1 as the channel's new "You Oughta Know" artist. The "You Oughta Know" campaign will be focused around the band's first single, "Colorful" and their [email protected] performance premiered on VSPOT , VH1's broadband channel, on October 2 and included the songs "Colorful," "Bus Ride," "Gift" and "Swing Low."

Ironworks Music is an independent record label started by renowned singer-songwriter, producer and manager, Jude Cole and lauded actor and 20-year veteran of the entertainment business, Kiefer Sutherland. The long-time friends originally opened Ironworks in 2004 with the sole intention of creating an artist-driven recording space (which also houses Sutherland's massive museum-worthy collection of guitars). "We would invite musicians that we liked down to start recording and get creative and it's actually something that just organically turned into a label," recalls Cole. Today, Ironworks is many things -- recording studio, production company, record label and community. "We're doing things that we love ... trying to incorporate that lust for music to make inspired pieces of work, and just hope that over time Ironworks develops a name that represents that inspired work."

"I Trust You To Kill Me" is a Manu Boyer film and produced by Pliny Porter and Matthew R. Brady for First Independent Pictures.
      For additional information about "I Trust You To Kill Me" and Rocco Deluca & The Burden go to the official film site: http://www.itrustyoutokillmethemovie.com/ and the myspace sites http://www.myspace.com/itrustyoutokillmeamovie and http://www.myspace.com/roccodeluca
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I remember hearing Eddie Izzard was signed on for season 6 as one of the bad guys. Didn't see his name mentioned in that 1st article at all.

Comment

Here's more news:

New 24 Casting

Source: Variety
          October 26, 2006

Powers Boothe has been tapped to play the new vice president on Fox's "24" All roles are recurring, says Variety.

On "24," from 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV, Boothe will play Noah Daniels, the vice president under new U.S. President Wayne Palmer (D.B. Woodside).
          http://comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17201

Comment

can not wait!!!!

the new trailer for season 6 just came out a few days ago, it looks awsome!!

did you know that when jack bauer heard that he was played by kiefer sutherland, jack bauer killed kiefer sutherland? no man plays jack bauer

o ya, and superman wears jack bauer pajamas too, look it up, its a fact
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Let's do launch for '24'

Updated 12/5/2006 6:41 PM ET

By Mario Anzuoni, Reuters
              Among the living: Kiefer Sutherland and Kim Raver arrive at the
              launch party for the fifth-season 24 DVD. Many dearly departed were there, too.

By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — At a 24 party, the dead are among the living.

At Monday's launch of the Fox thriller's Season 5 DVD (Fox Home Entertainment, $59.98), held at Hollywood nightspot Les Deux, more than a few of the actors present represented characters who have succumbed during the five-year run of the high-octane, high-casualty series.

Fifth-season goners Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida), John Allen Nelson (Walt Cummings) and Julian Sands (villainous Vladimir Bierko) attended, as did Penny Johnson Jerald, whose Sherry Palmer fell in Season 3.

The party, which also promoted the new book 24: Behind the Scenes (Insight Editions, $29.95), also featured many of 24's living, including Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O'Brian), Kim Raver (Audrey Raines), Roger Cross (Curtis Manning), James Morrison (Bill Buchanan), DB Woodside (President Palmer) and Emmy nominees Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart (former president Logan and his wife, Martha).

Central character Jack Bauer isn't dead, but he's feeling that way going into Season 6 (premieres Jan. 14, 8 p.m. ET/PT), said Kiefer Sutherland, who won an Emmy in August for his portrayal of the counterterrorismhero. Bauer, whose kidnapping by Chinese agents closed last season, returns in the premiere, set 20 months later, as a haggard, beaten man.

"Jack's at his darkest place. He's dead inside. Even in Season 2, when he was terribly mournful at the loss of his wife, he was feeling pain, but he was alive. (Now), there's an indifference which is almost primal," Sutherland said on the red carpet.

With Jack and 24 back on Fox for the foreseeable future — Sutherland is signed for this season and two more — fans may have to wait longer than expected for a 24 movie.

"It's a little concern that while the show is still on the air, it may be an oversaturation. I think if the show is off the air for two years, they'd love to release a movie," said executive producer Joel Surnow, adding that no official decisions have been made.
              For the actors whose 24 characters have died, Monday's party was a chance to catch up with friends.
              "It feels a little like going back to visit high school," said Bernard, who lasted until Season 5.

He offered a broad explanation for the success of the series, which earned its highest ratings to date and an Emmy for best drama for the most recent season.

"It's a combination of everything. It's writing, it's the acting, the camera guys and the editors, the music. It's a real collaborative effort."
              http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...vd-party_x.htm

Comment

'24': So Good It's Scary

Even longtime viewers will be spooked by the new season's surprisingly real take on terrorism by Stephen King

WORK RELEASE PROGRAM As 24 resumes,
                Jack emerges from 20 months in a Chinese prison
                Photo Credit: 24: Kelsey McNeal

Most viewers of 24 will want to know one thing above all others: Is the upcoming season of Fox's groundbreaking experiment in serial TV (father of Lost, grandpappy of Heroes and Jericho) as good as last year? Let me put it to you this way: There are more thrills and suspense in the first four hours than most series can pack into a single season. Or an entire run of show, for that matter. I got those four episodes from EW Central Command and planned to dole them out over the course of maybe a week. Instead I ended up watching all of them that same night. Day 6 (at least so far) is like a book you can't put down...even though there are times when you may want to.

The reason is simple enough. This time the story spun out by Joel Surnow, Howard Gordon, and their co-conspirators seems, if not real, then dismayingly possible. Season 5, distinguished by Gregory Itzin as President Slimeball (and let's not forget Jean Smart as his long-suffering, screw-loosey wife), was almost extinguishedtoo plausible. When I got to the shocker that ends episode 4, I could understand Jack Bauer's expression of disbelief; it's a perfectly human reaction to what has just happened. And yet at the same time I'm sitting in my office chair and thinking, This could really happen. And at some point, it probably will. I suppose my reaction was intensified by having just finished Nelson DeMille's excellent novel Wild Fire, which deals with a similar scenario, but mostly it was that clear and persuasive sense of plausibility. 24 doesn't always achieve that, but when it does, it's the best thing on TV. Really, no one does the old ''We're surrounded by enemies!'' bit better than Fox. Bill O'Reilly's going to love this baby.

24 is a perfect example of why some serial TV works and some doesn't. The audience will come along for the ride, but it requires certain things as a quid pro quo. One is an element of believability (which ABC's Invasion never supplied). Another is what producers sometimes call ''a clear through-line.'' What this high-toned bit of jargon actually means is simplicity (NBC's Kidnapped threw that out in the first five minutes of its abortive run). Another is a high emotional temperature (which ABC's The Nine managed for exactly one week before lapsing into soap opera torpidity). Continuing stories have to run hot. How 24 has managed this kind of heat for six seasons is beyond me.
                full article at http://www.ew.com/ew

Comment

YAY!!! Only a week to wait!!!

Comment

Fox, Sprint Partner to Promote 6th Season of 24

Mike Shields
                    Mediaweek
                    JANUARY 12, 2007 -

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/rec..._id=1003532162

Comment

Is it Sunday night yet?

Comment

i cant wait

Comment

This is quite simply the best show on television IMHO.I actually didn't get started with it til last year. I wound up renting and or buying episodes from Season 1-4, at the same time, and usually wound up watching 3-4 episodes ar a time.

I love/hate the cliffhanger endings each week...no matter how much I get, they always leave me wanting more...I cannot wait until Sunday either.

I'm glad I live on the West Coast, where there's no chance of a late-running New England-San Diego playoff game to make me have to choose or flip channels at 8pm!

--Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised that this thread needed a bump, what with the season premiere and all. I've got the Sunday night episodes recorded and will watch today. Any thoughts in the meantime?

--Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

It was spectacular!

One of the best eppies of 24 I've ever seen. I heard that eppies 1-4 were leaked last week(prior to the Tuesday dvd release) and the great response is eppie 4 is even better.

It was a little hard to get back in the swing last night with all the cast changes, but once I was in, I was hooked.

Comment

Great to have Jack back! Very nice work on the air strike sequence, and some of the best torture scenes since 'Alias' left the airwaves - ouch!
                                Alexander Siddig, so good in 'Syriana', I thought was a nice compliment to Bauer as "Assad" the supposed Terrorist leader target.
                                And a big welcome back to C.T.U. to Eric Balfour!

Can't wait for the clock to start ticking on tonight's 2-hours.....

Comment

Jack Bauer, the Vampire!!!!

Just watched it, AMAZING!!!! Can't wait for tonight.

Comment

Some trekkie fans might recognize the guy who plays Assad, who was the doc on ST Deep Space Nine.

Yet another awesome premier from 24 last night, and I have to find a way to get out of work tonight so I can watch it tonight as well. On the edge of my seat as usual. I see where this season is going with the racial issue, but they're kinda playin on that. The guy who played Bashir on DS9 was cast because of his acting talents. Well now he appears to be on this show, not just because of his talent, but because of his race as well. The same goes for Taj. Really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Just watched it, AMAZING!!!! Can't wait for tonight.

LMAO!

When he did that, I was like "He hasn't done that since back in the days of the Lost Boys!"

My fiance was laughin!

Comment

Dude... I was totally having Lost Boys flashbacks! Where are the Coreys when you need them? :lmao:

I forgot who Tom was at first but now I remember... the a$$hat from last season.

I still see DB Woodside as the principal from the final season of Buffy though.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X