Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Mermaid featured in Oceans Awareness PSA - Ad Council Press Release, 10/4/06

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Mermaid featured in Oceans Awareness PSA - Ad Council Press Release, 10/4/06

AD COUNCIL JOINS THREE LEADING ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS IN UNPRECEDENTED PARTNERSHIP TO PROMOTE OCEAN AWARENESS

The majority of marine debris is comprised of plastics, which cause environmental problems they degrade even more slowly in seawater than on land. In fact, discarded plastic bags comprise over 50% of dangerous marine items and are consumed by marine mammals such as sea turtles and whales. This consumption causes blockage of their intestinal tracts, which can lead to choking and starvation.

Additionally, thousands of seals, sea lions, whales, dolphins and sea turtles also become entangled in plastic debris or in lost and discarded fishing lines and nets every year. This not only destroys marine habitat, but causes skin lesions, ulcerating wounds, suffocation and death.

The new campaign is designed to raise awareness among Americans about the health of the oceans and the impact of human actions on the ocean ecosystem. The campaign also seeks to inspire individuals to identify ways they can take action to help keep our oceans clean.

For more information, visit www.keepoceansclean.org.
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Little Mermaid featured in Oceans Awareness PSA - Ad Council Press Release, 10/4/06

The kiosk at Walmart had 'isle violators' that had the clean ocean meassage on them. Ariel on the left Sebastian on the right, a big water drop in the center with the earth inside of it. It struck me odd only because of the Ad Counsel logo on it. I'm sure Disney is gettting some sort of great tax break for this. I'll see if I can snag one from Wally World next time I'm there

Comment

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has provided updated material and new video links for the campaign.

Disney's The Little Mermaid featured in Oceans Awareness PSA Campaign.

The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Environmental Defense and the Ad Council are launching a new PSA campaign, featuring Disney's the Little Mermaid.

Oceans are essential to life on Earth, but are now at risk from human activities. Oceans do not have an infinite capacity to absorb the pollution we allow to flow into them.

No matter where you live, plastic litter and carelessly disposed motor oil can flow through storm drains to rivers and the sea. People generally don't realize that most ocean pollution originates on land.

The ads in this campaign are designed to raise awareness about the connection between our activities and the health of the oceans. Featuring characters from Disney's The Little Mermaid, the PSAs will inspire our audience to prevent pollution before it harms the ocean and the creatures that live there.

>> View Campaign Introduction >> View Featured PSA

We encourage you to share these links with your friends and colleagues.

Thank you,
      Buena Vista Home Entertainment
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X