X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom: The Vegas Spectacular

Hello Phans!

I've seen this show twice with both Christines and Carlottas. I'm also friends with Brianne Kelly Morgan who plays Meg Giry in the show. She took me backstage and gave me a really great tour.

I'll be happy to answer any and all questions you may have about backstage, the cuts, the sets, costumes, the theater, chandeleir, anything!
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Re: Phantom: The Vegas Spectacular

Helloooo!! Pictures!!!!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

since i live in vegas.. Now I am going to see this.. I ahve seen the broadway production 3 times already.. I LOVE PHANTOM

Friends for life

Comment

I saw a touring production when it came to Tampa 6 years ago. Wasn't too impressed. Then again I high expectations as my cousin had seen it in Toronto 13 times and my then boyfriend was practically obsessed with Phantom in any incarnation (books, the original Lon Chaney silent film... you name it).

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
          Helloooo!! Pictures!!!!
          I don't have any pictures inside the theater but I have a few in the lobby. And one of Brianne and I. As soon as I get those loaded, I'll be happy to share pictures.
          (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
          (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Do you have any idea if its coming back to LA? (speciflly the pantages theatre) anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
              Do you have any idea if its coming back to LA? (speciflly the pantages theatre) anytime soon?
              As long as it is in Vegas, don't expect to see it back in LA.

But I'm very excited to see the show in its new pumped up (and slimmed down) Vegas version.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

Is there a big difference now that it's in the Vegas format?

Comment

Have missed three different chances to see Phantom and was really excited to hear it coming to Vegas. BUT, then I heard that over 1/2 the show has been edited. (Much shorter version). So, is it the same as the full scale production? Or a scaled back production. Would really appreciate knowing before I spend the $$ to see it.

Thanks!!!!
                  Originally posted by migo
                  I poop with joy!
                  Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    I saw a touring production when it came to Tampa 6 years ago. Wasn't too impressed. Then again I high expectations as my cousin had seen it in Toronto 13 times and my then boyfriend was practically obsessed with Phantom in any incarnation (books, the original Lon Chaney silent film... you name it).
                    Hahahh.... you don't KNOW obsessed Phantom fans if you didn't know me 15 years ago.....

Saw the Vegas production. The omissions will be noticed only by us geeks who have the libretto practically memorized. The production did have a "rushed" feeling to it, but I also saw it fairly early in the run and they may have still been tweaking the timing. The new effects are FABULOUS. When the theatre is uncovered during the overture, you'll literally gasp. The chandelier effect... well of course, I thought people were making much ado about nothing, because back in the 80's they always mentioned the chandelier effect for the original production. But lemme tell ya, even as a jaded fan, the new effect is VERY cool (and for people who have seen the show before, a bit surprising in timing). The only new effect I wasn't impressed by was the one that was a bit too "Siegfried and Roy" for my taste. Won't spoil the fun for those who've never seen it, but for those who have, let's just say that keeping your hand at the level of your eye is something of a moot point.

Oblivion: I'd love to hear some backstage stories if ya have any!

Also, apparently one of the Christines was in the same hall as Talon at UCSB, thought that was rather amusing. And of course, he realized it AFTER I saw the show and he chose to stay at the craps table instead! I may yet get him in to see it!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X