This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'TRON' shoes

Brings back memories of the Peoplemover TRON tunnel doesn't it?!

Evidently they've been available in the UK for awhile and are now here:

Product Description

Part of the Blue Series from Adidas' brand new, super-limited and super decked-out Adicolor line, this, friends, are these Tron Stan Smiths, item number BL4. Tron is probably the most awesome movie ever made. We're not sure. The Dark Crystal is tough competition, and Labyrinth too, but we'll go with Tron for now. To start with, the movie takes place INSIDE a computer. Anyway, these Stan Smith IIs have Velcro straps across the top. These are covered with neon coloring, especially in the bright red stitch detailing all over. Computer graphics are printed on the sides of the upper, with different images from the film on each shoe. The upper is very shiny, embossed with "#BL4" on back, a logo face from the movie below the straps, and "Adicolor" on the middle strap. Special printed tongue logo; printed footbed; face shows through clear panels on sole; contrast outsole.
    * Leather / rubber sole
    * Medium width
    * Spot clean
    * Imported
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...roductID=23448
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'TRON' shoes

Very interesting. Im not a huge fan of Tron but Ill have to show my mom.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Do walls of light shoot out from the heels when you run? If not, I'm not interested.
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

We saw these at the mall and saw some really cute Goofy ones too.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Like the sneaker. Not to big on the straps they probably wouldve looked
          better with laces.
          Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
          Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

VELCRO!!!!

I'm getting tired of shoestrings... they're so annoying.

I'm seriously considering ordering... not only do I love Tron, but good velcro shoes in my size are tough to find.
            -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
              Do walls of light shoot out from the heels when you run? If not, I'm not interested.
              Wouldn't that be great if they emitted that super cool high-speed buzzing sound that used to bellow in the tunnel with your every step?
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

:blink:

I SO have to have these shoes!!!! :clap:

:geek:

(Dangit - the blasted things don't appear to come in a men's 7/women's 9. )
                [email protected]

Comment

I have to admit that they do look good, although $100 for a pair ... wow! I usually just go to the Vans Outlet and get whatever is around $20.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
                    wow! I usually just go to the Vans Outlet and get whatever is around $20.
                    I hope that's not how you broke your leg. Get well soon though!

Comment

Man, those are cool! When I was a kid I wanted so bad to have a TRON t-shirt to show off to the other kids in grade school. But alas, I couldn't ever find any for sale. These shoes would have been perfect. However, I'm not so sure I could get away showing up at work wearing these puppies. )
                      sigpic
                      Mustard? Don't let's be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
                        :lmao: Super Speed Tunnel!! :lmao:

I don't know, though. I'll just say, "Yikes!" :blink:
                        <o>

Comment

Argh!
                          These have been out in the UK for quite a while, but they have never been available in my size! Nor have the green Kermit ones which are even better.
                          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I found my size on Ebay. :yea:

Now, to just wait until I have the $100 for 'em. :unsure:
                            [email protected]

Comment

I've ordered some...

They'll be a "wear rarely" shoe... maybe on a few 80s nights at Outland.
                              -Tim

Comment

I totally have these. I wore them to the CHOC Walk last Sunday! Im a huge adidas fan and these were a must have. They are super rare. only 10,000 of them were made. Did you know that theres a jacket that matches it? its way tight. the shoes are part of the adicolor collection that came out early this year. A design contest was issued to determine the design of the limited edition shoes. there are about 30 differnt shoes in the collection. they were available at all adidas original stores (which are rare in-and-of themselves. theres one in LA on Melrose and one in San Diego in the Gas Lamp district). Now the collection is available in limited quantities at small high end boutiques, the like of which can be found on Melrose in LA and in SoHo in NYC at a premium price no less (or of course on eBay). I bought a pair of adicolor "Trimm Dich" shoes from the adidas store for $70.00 (thats 30% off) while on the same day I bought the Tron edition adicolor adidas from a boutique down the street for $120.00! go figure.

They do have a goofy edition of the adicolor shoe that are all white and come with permanent markers so you can color them anyway you want. A matching all white jacket is also available.

adicolor is a concept by adidas that allowed consumers to design their own pair of shoes. in the eearly 80's a few different styles of adidas were released that can in all white and sold with paint so you could color the shoes anyway you wanted. some styles also can with interchangable "3 stripes" that were different colors so your one pair of shoes would match no matter what outfit you were wearing. they were hailed as some of the most innovative shoes of the day.

the re-release of the adicolor saw top designers from all over the world compete to create the most fashion forward and avant gard adicolor adidas ever. the collection was releaased in a limited collection with coordinating accessories.
                                "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

you can visit the official adicolor website here for all the official info about the adicolor collection.
                                  "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

A free set of Light Cycle wheels would have been cool with that.
                                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Need.those.shoes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                                        Did you know that theres a jacket that matches it? its way tight.
                                        Looked it up, but looks like they only made it in smaller sizes, as far as I can tell. Guess if you're not 90 lbs, you're out of luck.

Wait... strike that. They did make one XL, it seems.
                                        -Tim

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X