Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's flashback: anyone else remember these stereo speakers?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's flashback: anyone else remember these stereo speakers?

It was 1979. I was 4 years old, and my dad bought a new sound system. It was a quadraphonic, the ancient ancestor to modern surround sound. Anywho, it had 4 speakers, one in each corner of the living room. But the speakers were unique. Inside the speaker box was a series of colored lights, that would flash and reverberate to the rhythm of the music. It had red, blue, orange, green, and yellow lights. I vividly remember being hypnotized by the lights as my Muppet Movie 8-track played. Anyone else remember these kinds of speakers? I very much would like to find them again. I don't remember the brand name, nor have i even seen a pair on ebay.

Re: 70's flashback: anyone else remember these stereo speakers?

I had a quad system that played both of the different types that were offered, but I have never seen or heard of speakers with lights that changed color in them.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

There was an electronic store where I grew up that had them. Always thought it would be cool to have them. It could easily be something revived as retro-chic.

Here's something new:
      http://tech.yahoo.com/pr/1994324978;...ThVkQZoEPxLJA5
      Projects lights onto walls or ceiling.

Or this:
      http://www.thevintageknob.org/THEVAU...O/sonoglo.html
      Last edited by sediment; 10-11-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I had a stereo that I bought at Sears that had those speakers.....they were awesome. Bring back the 70's!!! j/k not really, don't write me letters
        As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy View Post
          Bring back the 70's!!! j/k not really, don't write me letters
          Dear EpTxGuy,

How are you? I am fine. The 70s cannot come back, as they are very busy right now. I am sorry. You will have to find another decade to play with.

Yours truly,

Father Time

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X