• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-10-06 Tom Sawyer to Stay on the Island…For Now

here >>

UPDATE on tom sawyer island!

Disneyland Island Safe for Tom Sawyer, Say Imagineers
    Disney Imagineers, who are responsible for designing the attractions at the company's theme parks, have downplayed reports by an unofficial Disneyland website that the company is planning to turn Tom Sawyer's Island, one of the original Disneyland attractions, into a Pirates of the Caribbean Island in time for the release of next year's Pirates sequel. In an interview with the O-meon website ("for the grownup geek in all of us"), one Imagineer remarked that the project could not be completed on such short notice. Others said no one had seen any designs for such an attraction. Moreover, they noted, changing Tom Sawyer's Island would also mean changing the Americana theme surrounding it. Indeed, asked one Imagineer, "What are guests going to think of the Mark Twain [a stern-wheel riverboat] gliding around a tropical island?"

There you have it.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

"Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          Interesting. Two of my favorite Disney bloggers with two different points of view. Well written story Chuck!

-Dusty
          Kind of, but not really.
          Neither story denies that someone in marketing asked imagineers to start imagineering TSI into a pirate island, and in time for POTC 3. (Which, again, I think reflects the major issue in The Mouse House right now.)

Neither story claims that it was a go and to expect the change.

They seem very similar and complementary.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thmar View Post
              Thanks for sharing this information...maybe Daniel Boone's River Pirates will be the only pirates on the Rivers of America...only time will tell..

OOPS!! I mean DAVEY CROCKETT'S RIVER PRIATES!
              "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good. I like TSI and am sort of on pirate overload.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

Come on!! Everyone knows that Disney will neither confirm or deny anyting until it's own media tools are announcing it. Usually a week after the event happens. We had already completely gutted Super Stupid Lamo...I mean Super Star Limo and started the install on Monsters Inc. before the suits would even admit a new attraction was moving in. Disney loves it's secrets! That way if it falls thru they don't have to explain why! Nothing is sacred at the park, with the possible exception of Walt's Trains.
                          "Just Keep Swimming, Swimming,Swimming, Just Keep Swimming......."

Comment

Originally posted by The SeaDog View Post
                            Come on!! Everyone knows that Disney will neither confirm or deny anyting until it's own media tools are announcing it. Usually a week after the event happens. We had already completely gutted Super Stupid Lamo...I mean Super Star Limo and started the install on Monsters Inc. before the suits would even admit a new attraction was moving in. Disney loves it's secrets! That way if it falls thru they don't have to explain why! Nothing is sacred at the park, with the possible exception of Walt's Trains.
                            To that end, has Disney announced anything about a certain section of Paradise Pier officially?
                            The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                                Good. I like TSI and am sort of on pirate overload.
                                I love TSI and have been on pirate overload for at least two years now. That's movie and hype overload. Have always loved the POTC attraction, always will - just hate to see Disneyland turning into Pixarland and Pirateland.

--Barry
                                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X