This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book the Thirteenth

The End by Lemony Snicket is out today, Friday the Thirteenth!

Anyone else geeked about it like our family? :geek: I'm buying it on the way to pick up my daughter from Outdoor School today. Then we'll fight over it all weekend...and most likely read the entire Series of Unfortunate Events all over again, fighting over books along the way....good times.

I'm sad it's over, but it's been fun.

www.lemonysnicket.com

It's cheaper on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0064410161

Re: Book the Thirteenth

I loved the Unfortunate Events series while my daughter was interested, but she got burnt out after book 6 (I think).

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

OMG OMG OMGOMG..... ok I have to catch my breath! I nearly forgot it was out today!

I read the first chapter, which was posted online. Oh lord how I love these books.... it will be, well, unfortunate to see them come to an end (and probably in a miserable way too) but... I guess I can always restart with reading them

Hyperbole, I would pick them up again -- from book 6 on, the series becomes more about the mystery, and less formulaic.
      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
        Hyperbole, I would pick them up again -- from book 6 on, the series becomes more about the mystery, and less formulaic.
        Really? That should interest Bailey a lot! She's really into mysteries. I may have to check out the later "episodes" of this marvelously miserable tale!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

I love the books! We fight over the set all the time. :lol: I've re-read most of them, just for the plays on words.

I made my daughter look up some of the references, like Isadora Duncan and the definition of squalor and quagmire and a few others, so she'd understand how really funny the author is. She loved that. She's a :geek: like me.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post

Anyone else geeked about it like our family? :geek:

Yes. Although I'm sure I would rather read something else. So this is it. No more misery. No more sorrow. Tales of misfortune and woe come to The End.

Comment

Sounds like an interesting read, maybe I'll start reading the series.

Comment

I finally finished Book the Sixth a month ago. I need to get the rest of the series.

I saw this interview with Lemony Snicket on CNN.com the other day. Interesting reading:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/book...ket/index.html
                Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

OMG I forgot and we JUST left Target, guess where we're going when I go pick up Shawn :clap:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

man, i didnt know this was coming out today! I love this series! Its sad to see it end. I'l make sure to pick it up tommorow at target

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                      :geek: I'm buying it on the way to pick up my daughter from Outdoor School today.
                      Outdoor Science School in Malibu? Good times...lol

Comment

I'm sad already, and I haven't even started it yet!

A few weeks ago, I picked up The Beatrice Letters, the companion to the 13th. You don't need it, but it's kind of cool. It's a book of letters between Lemony Snicket and Beatrice Baudelaire, but also the pages have letters to punch out and re-arrange to make a clue....or two...or three. I've been playing with it, and I've come up with several different things. The letters themselves are very funny, so if you can find it somewhere like Costco, you might pick it up.

I'm off to read, right now! :yea: and :gladsad: and
                        A signature should go here.

Comment

Our Target didn't put it out on the shelves! :bash: We had to go through three employees before a fourth sheepishly carted out three boxes marked, "STOCK ON OCTOBER 13!"

I was starting to sweat and feel like a major geek. But anyway, we have it. Courtney gets it first, I get it second, Cass gets it third, since she still have 50 pages to go in the 12th book.

Comment

I just borrow mine!:whistling: And because I forgot and was so busy, I just started reading 12.:blush: But that just means I'll be all fresh for 13!
                            Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                            FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                            I bring the magic!!!
                            "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                            Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                            Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I need to get caught up, I think I'm on #6, or maybe just read the 13th. Which was delivered to us on the 12th!

It's always me

Comment

Whoa, I didn't know there'd be an ending. I am not with it enough I guess. I think I've read up to 9. I need to catch up so I can see how it ends (in sequence).

Comment

Someone else hurry up and read it, I have questions! I might have more questions now than before I even read the book. :judge:
                                  Last edited by SusieP.; 10-15-2006, 12:56 AM.
                                  A signature should go here.

Comment

I bought it for my Son... He loves them. We have met Lemony Snickett (Daniel Handler) he lives up here in San Francisco.

As for the book...

Spoiler
                                    .................................................. ..................................
                                    ..............................I Bet you thought I was going tell you some really cool secret, huh? HA! Buy the book and read it you cheapie......lol.................................. ..........................
                                    -----------------------------------------------
                                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Oh man.

I have no clue what happened.

Spoiler
                                      Is Beatrice the name of the Baudelaire's mother? I always thought she was the Beatrice of the dedications. But I haven't read the Beatrice Letters yet, so I don't know. I'm sure she's not, but it's what I always imagined.

So the boat was designed by a B and named Beatrice and Kit's baby was named after someone who died name Beatrice. BAH!

Why did Olaf kiss Kit?

I thought one of the Baudelaire parents survived.

Why is there a pic of a lone man rowing a boat at the end of Chap 13?

Then the dedication for Chap 14 says, "We are like boats passing in the night, particularly you." Which is cute, but does that mean Lemony's out there rowing looking for Beatrice the people of Beatrice the boat? :lol:

And are the Baudelaire's related to the Snickets? Why would Violet have been named Lemony?

So many more questions. I want to read the REAL Series of Unfortunate Events book.

Comment

Crap now I need to go and buy it asap because if not the image of that large spoiler box will be burned into my brain :lol:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X