This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Book the Thirteenth

I'm just about done, I've been short on time. I'll say, the questions are not being answered fast enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
      Oh man.

I have no clue what happened.

Spoiler
      Is Beatrice the name of the Baudelaire's mother? I always thought she was the Beatrice of the dedications. But I haven't read the Beatrice Letters yet, so I don't know. I'm sure she's not, but it's what I always imagined.
      Yes.

Spoiler
      So the boat was designed by a B and named Beatrice and Kit's baby was named after someone who died name Beatrice. BAH!
      The kids' dad's name was Bertrand. They then
      Spoiler
      named the baby after their mother.

Spoiler
      Why did Olaf kiss Kit?
      Interesting, no? Urequited love, I guess. Although
      Spoiler
      I always thought Olaf had a thing for the kids' mom...

Spoiler
      I thought one of the Baudelaire parents survived.
      Yeah, but no. Or maybe.

Spoiler
      Why is there a pic of a lone man rowing a boat at the end of Chap 13?
      It's him, looking for them perhaps to finish the story. Cause that's what he does.

Spoiler
      Then the dedication for Chap 14 says, "We are like boats passing in the night, particularly you." Which is cute, but does that mean Lemony's out there rowing looking for Beatrice the people of Beatrice the boat? :lol:
      Yes. Missed 'em by thatmuch, I think.
      Spoiler
      But based on The Beatrice Letters, we are led to believe that Beatrice the boat sank. What became of the Baudelaires is unclear. We know that Beatrice the baby lives because some of the letters in the book are written by her.

Spoiler
      And are the Baudelaire's related to the Snickets? Why would Violet have been named Lemony?
      Not sure. I need to find a family tree. There is a crazy character map on the website, but it doesn't give much as far as that relationship, I don't think. I think...
      Spoiler
      it has to do with Lemony loving Beatrice as kids, but not getting her in the end. There was a ring that was exchanged, the one returned to Kit at the end of the book, and she gave it back to Lemony. I think that Lemony was thought to be dead but was really in hiding, which is why he's so mysterious. So she thought he was dead, or was going along with the idea that he was dead, to help him remain hidden for the VFD.

So many more questions. I want to read the REAL Series of Unfortunate Events book.
      I heard there will be another book next year to help clarify things. I can only hope!

Sorry for all the spoilers, I just wanted to be extra careful. I had already given a hint in one of my earlier posts and felt bad about it. Nobody commented on it, so I think it's still okay! :sweat:
      A signature should go here.

Comment

So what about big ? thing...ideas?
        A signature should go here.

Comment

AARGHHHHHHHH
          I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING TODAY :bang:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer